Application of Simulated Annealing for Color Pattern Recognition to Hybrid Optoelectronic Joint Transform Correlator
For invariant pattern recognition, a method using simulated annealing algorithm is introduced. Near optimal quantized reference functions are designed to be displayed on liquid crystal spatial light modulators. Mach-Zehnder joint transform correlator is adopted as the system for recognition of color targets. From numerical results, the optoelectronic pattern recognition system with simulated annealing algorithm shows a promising capability.
(1) VanderLugt, A., Signal detection by complex spatial filtering. Information Theory, IEEE Transactions on, 1964. 10(2): p. 139-145.
(2) Weaver, C. S. and J. W. Goodman, A technique for optically convolving two functions. Applied Optics, 1966. 5: p. 1248-1249.
(3) Yu, F. T. S. and X. J. Lu, A real-time programmable joint-transform correlator. Optics Communications, 1984. 52: p. 10-16
(4) Lu, G., et al., Imentation of a non-zero-order joint-transform correlator by use of phase-shifting techniques. Applied Optics, 1997. 36: p. 470-483.
(5) Li, C., S. Yin and F. T. S. Yu, Nonzero-order joint transform correlator. Optical Engineering, 1998. 37: p. 58-65.
(6) Cheng, C. and H. Tu, Implementation of a nonzero-order joint transform correlator using interferometric technique. Optical Review, 2002. 9: p. 193-196.
(7) Wu, C., C. Chen, and J. Fang, Linearly constrained color pattern recognition with a non-zero order joint transform correlator. Optics Communications, 2002. 214: p. 65-75.
(8) Chen C., and J. Fang, Optimal synthesis of a real-valued template for synthetic aperture radar pattern recognition. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 2002. 32(2): p. 91-95.
(9) Kirkpatrick, S., et al., Optimization by simulated annealing. Science, 1983. 220: p. 671-680,
(10) Chen, C. and C. Chen, A Mach-Zehnder joint transform correlator with the simulated annealing algorithm for pattern recognition. Optics Communications, 2011. 284: p. 3946-3953.
(11) Fu, S., et al., Application of simulated annealing for color pattern recognition to the optoelectronic correlator with liquid crystal device. The 2012 IAENG International Conference on Imaging Engineering. p.683-688.
(12) Liu, C., et al., Pattern recognition by Mach-Zehnder joint transform correlator with binary power spectrum,” Proceedings SPIE 8559.
(13) Kumar, B. V. K. V. and L. Hassebrook, Performance measures for correlation filters. Applied Optics, 1990. 29: p. 2997-3006.