A Novel Approach to Fish Disease Diagnostic System based on Machine Learning
Real-Time identification automated system diagnoses fish disease i.e. Epizootic Ulcerative syndrome (EUS) which is caused by Aphanomyces invadans, a fungal pathogen. In this paper we propose a Real-Time fish disease diagnose system with better accuracy. In order to improve the accuracy we propose a combination (PCA-FAST-NN) which combine the Principle component analysis (PCA) with Features from Accelerated Segment Test (FAST)feature detector using Machine Learning Algorithm(Neural Network) i.e. (PCA-FAST-NN) .The Experimentation has been done on the real images of Epizootic Ulcerative syndrome (EUS) infected fish database and implemented in MATLAB environment.
(1) Hitesh Chakravorty, Rituraj Paul & Prodipto Das , Image Processing Technique To Detect Fish Disease, International Journal of Computer Science & Security (IJCSS), Volume (9) : Issue (2) : 2015 121
(2) Jeong-Seon Park, Myung-Joo Oh, and Soonhee Han, Fish Disease Diagnosis System Based on Image Processing of Pathogens Microscopic Images, Frontiers in the Convergence of Bioscience and Information Technologies 2007
(3) Burge, C. A., Mark Eakin, C., Friedman, C. S., Froelich, B., Hershberger, P. K., Hofmann, E. E., Ford, S. E. (2014). Burge, C. A., Mark Eakin, C., Friedman, C. S., Froelich, B., Hershberger, P. K., Hofmann, E. E., Ford, S. E. (2014). Climate change influences on marine infectious diseases: implications for management and society. Annual review of marine science, 6, 249-277.
(4) Lafferty, K. D., Harvell, C. D., Conrad, J. M., Friedman, C. S., Kent, M. L., Kuris, A. M., Saksida, S. M. (2015). Infectious diseases affect marine fisheries and aquaculture economics. Annual review of marine science, 7, 471-496.
(5) Afferty, K. D., Harvell, C. D., Conrad, J. M., Friedman, C. S., Kent, M. L., Kuris, A. M., Saksida, S. M. (2015). Infectious diseases affect marine fisheries and aquaculture economics.,Annual review of marine science, 7, 471-496.
(6) Valentin Lyubchenko,Rami Matarneh,Oleg Kobylin,Vyacheslav Lyashenko, Digital Image Processing Techniques for Detection and Diagnosis of Fish Diseases, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 6, Issue 7, July 2016
(7) Narasimha-Iyer, H., et al., Automatic Identification of Retinal Arteries and Veins From Dual-Wavelength Images Using Structural and Functional Features. Biomedical Engineering, IEEE Transactions on, 2007. 54(8): p. 1427-1435.
(8) Daoliang Lia, Zetian Fua, Yanqing Duanb,Fish-Expert: a web-based expert system for fish disease diagnosis, Expert Systems with Applications 23 (2002) 311–320.
(9) Nayak, K. K., Pradhan, J., Das, B. K. (2014). Original Research Characterization, pathogenicity, antibiotic sensitivity and immune response of Flavobacterium columnare isolated from Cirrhinus mrigala and Carassius auratus. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci, 3(11), 273-287.
(10) J.-Y.Chang and J.-L. Chen, “Automated facial expression recognition system using neural networks”, Journal of the Chinese Institute of Engineers, vol. 24, no. 3, (2001), pp. 345-356.
(11) M. Rizon, M. F.Hashim, P. Saad, S. Yaacob, “Face Recognition using Eigenfaces and Neural Networks”, American Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 2, no. 6, (2006), pp. 1872-1875.
(12)Navneet Dalal, Bill Triggs,”Histograms of Oriented Gradients for Human Detection”International Conference on Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition (CVPR ’05), Jun 2005, San Diego, United
Authors wishing to include figures, tables, or text passages that have already been published elsewhere are required to obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) for both the print and online format and to include evidence that such permission has been granted when submitting their papers. Any material received without such evidence will be assumed to originate from the authors.
All authors of manuscripts accepted for publication in the journal Transactions on Networks and Communications are required to license the Scholar Publishing to publish the manuscript. Each author should sign one of the following forms, as appropriate:
License to publish; to be used by most authors. This grants the publisher a license of copyright. Download forms (MS Word formats) - (doc)
Publication agreement — Crown copyright; to be used by authors who are public servants in a Commonwealth country, such as Canada, U.K., Australia. Download forms (Adobe or MS Word formats) - (doc)
License to publish — U.S. official; to be used by authors who are officials of the U.S. government. Download forms (Adobe or MS Word formats) – (doc)
The preferred method to submit a completed, signed copyright form is to upload it within the task assigned to you in the Manuscript submission system, after the submission of your manuscript. Alternatively, you can submit it by email firstname.lastname@example.org