Distortion Invariant Object Recognition Based on Mach-Zehnder Joint Transform Correlation in YIQ Colour Space
AbstractWe investigate the YIQ colour space in conjunction with average cross correlation optimization algorithm to design the reference function for pattern recognition on various views of the interested colour object. Joint transform correlation is devoted for recognition of colour targets. The reference function for each color channel is trained with true class images rotated in-plane at 2 degrees intervals between -14 degrees and 14 degrees. Results indicates the feasibility of our proposed method.
(1) VanderLugt, A., Signal detection by complex spatial filtering. Information Theory, IEEE Transactions on, 1964. 10(2): p. 139-145.
(2) Weaver, C. S. and J. W. Goodman, A technique for optically convolving two functions. Applied Optics, 1966. 5: p. 1248-1249.
(3) Yu, F. T. S. and X. J. Lu, A real-time programmable joint-transform correlator. Optics Communications, 1984. 52: p. 10-16.
(4) Lu, G., et al., Imentation of a non-zero-order joint-transform correlator by use of phase-shifting techniques. Applied Optics, 1997. 36: p. 470-483.
(5) Li, C., S. Yin and F. T. S. Yu, Nonzero-order joint transform correlator. Optical Engineering, 1998. 37: p. 58-65.
(6) Cheng, C. and H. Tu, Implementation of a nonzero-order joint transform correlator using interferometric technique. Optical Review, 2002. 9: p. 193-196.
(7) Chen, C., et al., Application of simulated annealing for color pattern recognition to hybrid optoelectronic joint transform correlator. Advances in Image and Video Processing, 2015. 3(6): p. 13-17.
(8) Chen, C., et al., Pattern Recognition Based on YIQ Colour Space with Simulated Annealing Algorithm and Optoelectronic Joint Transform Correlation. Advances in Image and Video Processing, 2016. 4(5): p. 17-
(9) Wu, C., C. Chen, and J. Fang, Linearly constrained color pattern recognition with a non-zero order joint transform correlator. Optics Communications, 2002. 214: p. 65-75.
(10) Chen C., and J. Fang, Optimal synthesis of a real-valued template for synthetic aperture radar pattern recognition. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 2002. 32(2): p. 91-95.
(11) Fu, S., et al., Application of simulated annealing for color pattern recognition to the optoelectronic correlator with liquid crystal device. The 2012 IAENG International Conference on Imaging Engineering. p.683-
(12) Liu, C., et al., Pattern recognition by Mach-Zehnder joint transform correlator with binary power spectrum,” Proceedings SPIE 8559.
(13) Kumar, B. V. K. V. and L. Hassebrook, Performance measures for
correlation filters. Applied Optics, 1990. 29: p. 2997-3006.