RFID Tags Detectors Stability Analysis Under Delayed Schottky Diode’s Internal Elements in Time
Keywords:RFID video receiver, Schottky diode, Delay Differential Equations (DDE), Stability, Bifurcation, Orbit.
In this article, we discuss the crucial subject of stability analysis of RFID tag detectors under Schottky diode’s internal time delay elements. The Schottky diode detector demodulates the signal and sends the data on to the digital circuit of the TAG; this is the so-called "wake up" signal. A simple RFID TAG receiver block diagram includes input antenna signal with series resistance, inductor (choke), Schottky diode, and output capacitor. Due to the Schottky parasitic delay, there is a stability issue in analyzing detector operation. We define τ1, τ2 as delays in time respectively for a Schottky equivalent circuit. We first consider those two delays in time that are not equal τ1≠τ2 then the other three cases τ1= τ & τ2=0, τ 2= τ & τ1=0, τ1= τ2= τ. The RFID receiver detector time delay equivalent circuit can be represent as delayed differential equations that depend on variable parameters and delays. The article illustrates certain observations, and analyzes local bifurcations of an appropriate arbitrary scalar delayed differential equation. All of that for optimization of an RFID receiver detector equivalent circuit parameters analysis to get the best performance.
(1) N. Tran, B. Lee, J.-W. Lee, “Development of long range UHF band RFID tag chip using schottky diodes in standard CMOS technology,” 2007 IEEE radio frequency integrated circuits symposium.
(2) E. Beretta, Y. Kuang, “Geometric stability switch criteria in delay differential systems with delay dependent parameters,” SIAM J. Math. Anal., vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 1144–1165 2002.
(3) S. Ahson, M. Ilyas, RFID Handbook: Application, technology, security, and privacy 2008 by CRC Press Taylor and Francis group.
(4) Y.-A. Kuznetsov, Elements of applied bifurcation theory by Applied Mathematical Sciences.
(5) J.-K. Hale, Dynamics and Bifurcations by Texts in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 3.
(6) S.-H. Strogatz, Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos by Westview press.
(7) Y. Kuang, Delay Differential equations with applications in population dynamics by Academic Press.
(8) I. Farmakis, M. Moskowitz Fixed point Theorems and their applications 2013 by World Scientific.
(9) K. Jiaoxun, C. Yuhao Stability of numerical methods for Delay Differential Equation (DDE) 2005 by Science press.
(10) W.-H Steeb, C. Yuhao The Nonlinear workbook 2015 by World Scientific 6th.