Toward Multi-Approach Model for Semi-Automating a Data Warehousedesign from an Ontology
The proliferation of projects that are part of the semantic Web is truly impressive. In fact, ontologies become increasingly present in information systems, they constitute great data sources that arouse the interest of being analyzed. Ontologies are used for standardizing, structuring and formalizing the Web, Web Service, E-learning systems, and other fields. Regarding multidimensional approaches, researches in this field have focused on direct Data Warehouse conception from an ontology, which do not integrate the intervention of the expert in this process. In this case, the transformations are global and not very customizable; it can reproduce the inherent defects from the data sources into the resulting data warehouse.
(1) M. HAJJI, M. QBADOU, K. MANSOURI, "Proposal for a new Systemic Approach of Analitical Processing of Specific Ontology to Documentary resources: Case of Educational Documents", Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, July 2016, Vol.89, No.2, pp. 481-51.
(2) R. Winter, B. Strauch, "A Method for Demand-driven Information Requirements Analysis in Data Warehousing Projects", Proceedings of the 36th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS'03), pp. 231.1, 2003.
(3) O. Romero and A. Abello, "A Survey of Multidimensional Modeling Methodologies," International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining 5 (2), April 2009, pp. 1-23.
(4) A. Maedche and S. Staab. Kaon: The karlsruhe ontology and semantic web meta project. Künstliche Intelligenz, Special Issue on Semantic Web, Mar 2003.
(5) CHARLET J., BACHIMONT B. & TRONCY R., Ontologies pour
le Web Sémantique, in Le Web sémantique, CHARLET J., LAUBLET P. & REYNAUD C. (Ed.), Hors série de la Revue Information - Interaction - Intelligence (I3), 4(1), Cépaduès, Toulouse, 2004, pp. 69-100.
(6) T.R. GRUBER, “A translation approach to portable ontology specifications,” in Knowledge Acquisition Journal, 5(2), Academic Press, 1993, pp. 199-220.
(7) R. STUDER, V.R. BENJAMINS and D. FENSEL, “Knowledge engineering: principles and methods,” in IEEE Transactions on Data and Knowledge Engineering, 25(1&2), 1998, pp.161-197.
(8) W.E. Grosso, H. Eriksson, R.W. Fergerson, J.H. Gennari, S.W. Tu, and M.A. Musen, “Knowledge Modeling at the Millennium (the Design and Evolution of Protege-2000),” Proc. 12th Workshop Knowledge Acquisition, Modeling and Management (KAW ’99), 1999.
(9) E. F. Codd. 1990. The Relational Model for Database Management: Version 2. Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Co., Inc., Boston, MA, USA.
(10) Dan Brickley and R.V. Guha, "Resource Description Framework (RDF) Schema Specification 1.0. W3C Candidate Recommendation", 2000.
(11) A. Gali, C. Chen, K. Claypool and R. Uceda-Sosa, "From ontology to relational databases," in Conceptual Modeling for Advanced Application Domains, LNCS, vol. 3289, 2005, pp. 278–289
(12) E. Vysniauskas, and L. Nemuraite, “Transforming ontology representation from OWL to relational database,” Information Technology and Control, vol. 35A, no. 3, 2006, pp. 333-343.
(13) I. Astrova, N. Korda and A. Kalja, Storing OWL Ontologies in SQL Relational Databases, International Journal of Electrical, Computer and System Engineering, 2007.
(14) C. Fankam, L. Bellatreche, H. Dehainsala, Y. Ait-Ameur and G. Pierra, “SISRO : Conception de bases de données à partir d’ontologies de domaine”, TSI Volume 28, pages 1-29, 2009.
(15) J. Trinkunas and O. Vasilecas, “A Graph Oriented Model For Ontology Transformation Into Conceptual Data Model”, Information Technology and Control, 2007, Vol. 36(1A), pp. 126–132.
(16) I. Astrova, N. Korda and A. Kalja, “Storing OWL ontologies in SQL Relational Databases,” Engineering and Technology, 2007, Vol. 23, pp. 167–172.
(17) E. Vysniauskas and L. Nemuraite, “Mapping of OWL ontology concepts to RDB schemas,” in Information Technologies’ 2009, Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on In-formation and Software Technologies; 2009. pp. 317-327.
(18) M. Mahfoudh and W. Jaziri, “Approche de couplage de BD et d’ontologie pour l'aide à la décision sémantique : contribution pour la satisfaction des requêtes SQL et SPARQL,” Techniques et Sciences Informatiques, volume 32 of Hermes, pages 863-889, 2013.
(19) W.H. Inmon, "Building the Data Warehouse", Second Edition, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1996.
(20) C. Phipps, K.C. Davis, "Automating data warehouse conceptual schema design and evaluation", Proc. of the
International Workshop on Design and Management of Data Warehouses (DMDW‘2002), vol. 58, pp. 23-32.
(21) Y. Song, R. Khare, B. Dai, "Samstar: a semi-automated lexical method for generating star schemas from an entity-relationship diagram", in Proceedings of the ACM tenth international workshop on Data warehousing and OLAP, pp. 9-16, 2007.
(22) M. N. M. Nazri, S. A. M. Noah and Z. Hamid, "Automatic data warehouse conceptual design," 2008 International Symposium on Information Technology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2008, pp. 1-7.
(23) R. Kimball, L. Reeves, W. Thornthwaite, M. Ross, "The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit: Expert Methods for Designing" in , 1998, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
(24) J. Feki, A. Nabli, , H. Ben-Abdallah and F. Gargouri, "An Automatic Data Warehouse Conceptual Design Approach". Encyclopedia of Data Warehousing and Mining, John Wang Edition, 2008.
(25) I. Horrocks, "Ontologies and the semantic web", Commun. ACM, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 58-67, 2008.
(26) Y. Lv and C. Xie, "An ontology-based approach to build conceptual data model," 2012 9th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, Sichuan, 2012, pp. 807-810.
(27) T. Podsiadły-Marczykowska, T. Gambin, and R. Zawiślak, “Rule-Based Algorithm Transforming OWL Ontology Into Relational Database,” in Beyond Databases, Architectures, and Structures: 10th International Conference, BDAS 2014, Ustron, Poland, May 27-30, 2014. Proceedings, S. Kozielski, D. Mrozek, P. Kasprowski, B. Małysiak-Mrozek, and D. Kostrzewa, Eds. Cham:
Springer International Publishing, 2014, pp. 148–159.
(28) V. Nebot and R. Berlanga, “Building data warehouses with semantic web data,” Decis. Support Syst., vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 853–868, 2012.
(29) D. Colazzo, I. Manolescu, A. Roatis, and A. Roati, “Warehousing RDF Graphs To cite this version : Warehousing RDF Graphs ∗,” Hal, 2013.
(30) D. Colazzo, I. Manolescu, A. Roatis, and A. Roati,
“Warehousing RDF Graphs To cite this version : Warehousing RDF Graphs ∗,” Hal, 2013.A.
(31) B. B and A. Bagnall, “A Value-Added Approach to Design BI Applications,” vol. 9263, pp. 257–269, 2015.