A Novel Compact CPW Multi-StopBand Filter with DGS Integrating Circular Ring Resonator
Keywords:Defected ground structure (DGS), coplanar line, stopband filter, multi-stop stopband.
A novel and compact multi-band stop filter with good selectivity and wide upper pass band performance with good rejection based on defected ground structure (DGS) integrating a circular ring resonator to suppress undesired spurious bands frequency or harmonics in microwave and millimeter wave circuits is proposed.
The presented filter has a compact size because the circular ring resonator is integrated in DGS, the both of them are etching in the ground plane.
(1) Hettak, K. and G. Delisle, “A new miniature uniplanar lowpass Filter using series resonators, ” IEEE MTT-S, Vol. 3, No. 3, 1193-1196, Jun. 7-12, 1998.
(2) Chang, I., and Lee, B. : “Design of defected ground structures for harmonic control of active microstrip antenna,”. 2002 IEEE AP-S Int. Symp. Dig., 2002, pp. 852–855.
(3) Elamaran, B, Chio, I.M, Chen, L.Y, and Chiao, J.C, “A beamsteerer using reconfigurable PBG ground plane,” 2000 IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 2000, pp. 835–838.
(4) S. Seki and H. Hasegawa, “Cross-tie slow-wave coplanar waveguide on semi-insulating GaAs substrate,” Electron. Lett., vol. 17, no. 25, pp. 940-941, Dec. 1981.
(5) K. Wu and R. Vahldieck, “Hybrid-mode analysis of homogeneously and inhomogeneously doped low-loss slow-wave coplanar transmission lines,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 1348-1360, Aug. 1991.
(6) Jong-Sik Lim, Chul-Soo Kim, Young-Taek Lee, Dal Ahn, Sangwook Nam, “A Spiral-Shaped Defected Ground Structure for Coplanar Waveguide,” IEEE Microwave and wireless conponents letters, vol. 12, no.
, September 2002.
(7) J. Y. Wu, Y. H. Tseng and W. H. Tu, “Design of compact lowpass filter with ultra-wide stopband using thin slots,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 31, pp. 137-151, 2012.
(8) J. W. No and H. Y. Hwang, “A design of cascaded CPW low-pass filter with broad stopband,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, pp. 427-429, 2007.
(9) C. Han-Jan, H. Tsung-Hui, and C. Chin-Sheng et al., "A novel cross-shape DGS applied to design ultra-wide stopband low-pass filters," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 16, No. 5, 2006, pp. 252-254