A Novel Compact CPW LowPass Filter Integrating Periodic Triangle DGS Cells
Keywords:cpw lowpass filter, triangle DGS, periodic cells, wide passband,
In this paper, we introduce a new periodic structure for CPW of a low pass filter based on the DGS technique with triangle slot cell forme. The proposed structure is a minuature low pass filter that exhibits low insertion loss in the passband, simple fabrication, and easy to integrate with microwave planar circuits.
A Lowpass filter (LPF) has been designed with flat response at a selected frequency by cascading three DGS cells.
(1) Hettak, K. and G. Delisle, “A new miniature uniplanar lowpass Filter using series resonators, ” IEEE MTT-S, Vol. 3, No. 3, 1193-1196, Jun. 7-12, 1998.
(2) Chang, I., and Lee, B. : “Design of defected ground structures for harmonic control of active microstrip antenna,”. 2002 IEEE AP-S Int. Symp. Dig., 2002, pp. 852–855.
(3) Elamaran, B, Chio, I.M, Chen, L.Y, and Chiao, J.C, “A beamsteerer using reconfigurable PBG ground plane,” 2000 IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 2000, pp. 835–838.
(4) S. Seki and H. Hasegawa, “Cross-tie slow-wave coplanar waveguide on semi-insulating GaAs substrate,” Electron. Lett., vol. 17, no. 25, pp. 940-941, Dec. 1981.
(5) K. Wu and R. Vahldieck, “Hybrid-mode analysis of homogeneously and inhomogeneously doped low-loss slow-wave coplanar transmission lines,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 1348-1360, Aug. 1991.
(6) Jong-Sik Lim, Chul-Soo Kim, Young-Taek Lee, Dal Ahn, Sangwook Nam, “A Spiral-Shaped Defected Ground Structure for Coplanar Waveguide,” IEEE Microwave and wireless conponents letters, vol. 12, no. 9, September 2002.
(7) J. Y. Wu, Y. H. Tseng and W. H. Tu, “Design of compact lowpass filter with ultra-wide stopband using thin slots,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 31, pp. 137-151, 2012.
(8) J. W. No and H. Y. Hwang, “A design of cascaded CPW low-pass filter with broad stopband,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, pp. 427-429, 2007.
(9) C. Han-Jan, H. Tsung-Hui, and C. Chin-Sheng et al., "A novel cross-shape DGS applied to design ultra-wide stopband low-pass filters," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components
Letters, Vol. 16, No. 5, 2006, pp. 252-254.