Design of a Voice Based Intelligent Prototype Model for Automatic Control of Multiple Home Appliances
The revolution in Information Technology(IT) and Artificial Intelligent has provided innovations in diverse kinds of home automation where appliances can be controlled effortlessly and seamlessly .In this paper a review of several home automation technologies was presented and the advantages voice based technology was considered trending among other technologies in terms of flexibility and cost and comfort. In this paper, the conceptual prototype design model and the circuit diagram for controlling multiple home appliances at the same time were presented. The model uses Arduino Uno microcontroller system to control multiple home electrical or electronic appliances with maximum of 5 volts. The design transmits voice command through user wireless microphone (attached to the user cloth) to the intelligence micro controller via graphical user interphase (GUI). The control software developed for the prototype model was implemented using C# programming language, Microsoft Visual Studio.Net and Microsoft Speech recognition system.
(1) Karimaa A. (2011) Mobile and Wireless Access in Video Surveillance System International Journal of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (IJDIWC) 1(1): 267-272
(2) Bilal G. and Khaled A. (2015) Smart Home Automation System for Elderly, and Handicapped People using XBee “International Journal of Smart Home” Vol. 9, No. 4
(3) Hammed B. (2012) “Design & Implementation of Smart House Control Using LabView”. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering, January, Vol. 1, Issue 6, pp. 98-106.
(4) Mazidi M. Mckinlay R., and Causey D(2007), “PIC microcontroller and embedded systems”, 1st ed, Prentice Hall
(5) Dutta K., Rai P, and Shekhe V(2012), “Microcontroller based voice
activated wireless automation system”.International journal of electrical, electronics & communication engineering, (2012), Vol. 2, No. 8, pp.642-649.
(6) Sriskanthan N. and Karand T.(2002),“Bluetooth Based Home Automation System”, Journal of Microprocessors and Microsystems, Vol. 26, pp.281 289, Elsevier Science
(7) Shepherd R.(2001, “Bluetooth wireless technology in the home” , Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 195
(8) Alkar A.Z, and Buhur U., “An Internet Based Wireless Home Automation System for Multifunctional Devices,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1169-1174, Nov. 2005.
(9) Nguyen T.M, Lee D.G., Seol Y.H. Yu M.H, Choi D. (2007), “Ubiquitous Access to Home Appliance Control System using Infrared Ray and Power Line Communication”, ICI 2007,3rd IEEE/IFIP International Conference in Central Asia, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, vol 1, pp1-4,26-28 .
(10) Khiyal M., Khan A. and Shehzadi E. (2009), “SMS based wireless home appliance control system (HACS) for automating appliances and security”. Issues in Informing Science and Information Technology, Vol. 6, pp. 887-894.
(11) Ananya. M.S and Sakthivel.S. (2015): A HMM Based Automatic Speech Recognition System to Generate Software Requirement Specification. International Journal For Trends In Engineering & Technology Volume 7 Issue 1
(12) Prabhakar V. M. and Amol C.W.(2013) “Speaker Identification Based Automation System Through Speech Recognition” in International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 1
(13) Suralkar S. R., Amol C.W. and Prabhakar V. M., “Speech Recognized Automation System Using Speaker Identification through Wireless Communication” IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Volume 6, Issue 1,2013, pp 11
(14) Thoraya O. Haliemah R; Ali A.; Muhammad R.and Mussab M. (2014):International Journal of Wireless & Mobile Networks; Vol. 6 Issue 1, p47
(15) Parameshachari B D, Sawan K. G.,Gooneshwaree H.and Tulsirai T.G.(2013): A Study on Smart Home Control System through Speech. International Journal of Computer Applications Volume 69, No.19.