The Effect Of Health Service On Patient Satisfaction In Haji Hospital, Medan City
Keywords:Quality of health services, patient satisfaction, SPSS, Haji Hospital-Medan
The study aimed to determine the effect of quality and the dominant variables affecting service on patient satisfaction at the Haji Hospital-Medan in 2020. Quantitative research was conducted through a survey analytic research approach with a cross sectional study approach. Test through logistic regression on independent variables, namely; Reliability, Responsiveness, Assurance, Empathy and Tangible from the questionnaire data of respondents as many as 80 samples. The results showed that there was a significant effect of service quality on patient satisfaction from four variables, namely; the reliability of the p value is 0.000 (p <0.05), the responsiveness of the p value is 0.038 (p <0.05), the empathy p value is 0.016 (p <0.05), the tangible p value is 0.001 (p <0.05). The assurance variable, there is no effect of the quality of health services on patient satisfaction with a p value of 0.696 (p> 0.05). The dominant variable affecting patient satisfaction is the variable of empathy with an odds ratio of 0.2120.
(2) C Nya-Ling Tan, AO Ojo, Jun-Hwa Cheah and T.Ramayah, 2019. Measuring the Influence of Service Quality on Patient Satisfaction in Malaysia. Quality Management Journal Volume 26, 2019 - Issue 3.
(3) Navid R, Ahmad Puad MS, Yuserrie Z, 2010. Service Quality and Patients’ Satisfaction in Medical Tourism. World Applied Sciences Journal 10 (Special Issue of Tourism & Hospitality): 24-30, 2010 ISSN 1818-4952.
(4) Law of the Republic of Indonesia Number 44 of 2009. About The Hospital.
(5) Bobby Joseph and Merlyn Joseph, 2016. Indian Journal Occup Environmental Medicine 2016 May-Aug; 20(2): 71–72. doi: 10.4103/0019-5278.197518.
(6) A Babiker, Maha El H, Abdurrahman Al N, Abdurrahman Al F, Nasir Al J, Mohamed O F, Asaad Assiri, Muslim Al S, F Shaikh, and Fahad Al Z, 2014. Health care professional development: Working as a team to improve patient care. Sudanes Journal Paediatrics, 2014; 14(2): 9–16. PMCID: PMC4949805. PMID: 27493399.
(7) The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advance Health, 2011. ”Transforming Leadership” The National Academic of Sciences Engineering Medicine, 2011.
(8) Dahyanto and Fitri Arofiati, 2018. The Analysis of Inpatients Satisfaction on Service Quality At Yogyakarta Respira Hospital. Journal of Medicoeticolegal and Hospital Management. Vol 7, No 2 (2018).
(9) S Noor, Insana Maria, Agianto, 2016. The Relationship Between Caring, Comport, and Patient Satisfaction in The Emergency Room, Ratu Zalecha Hospital, South Kalimantan Indonesia. Belitung Nursing Journal. 2016 December; 2 (6):1 56-163. ISSN: 2477-4073.
(10) Dean Whitehead, 2005. Health promoting hospitals: The role and function of nursing. Journal of Clinical Nursing 14, 20–27`. February 2005 DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2702.2004.01012.x.
(11) Rosyidah, Ahmad Ahid M, Siti Kurnia W, 2018. The Relationship Of Patient Satisfaction With Loyalty Of Out Patient In PKU Muhammadiyah Hospital In DIY. Int.Journal of Healthcare Research. Vol 1, No 1 (2018).
(12) Ahmad M Ahmad Zamil, A Areiqat, Al-Ahliyya, W Tailakh, 2012. The Impact of Health Service Quality on Patients’ Satisfaction over Private and Public Hospitals in Jordan” A Comparative Study". International Journal of Marketing Studies .Vol. 4, No. 1; February 2012.
(13) T Sibarani, A Laksmi Riani , 2017), Victor Pratama, Sri Hartini, 2020. The Effect of Health Service Quality and Brand Image on Patients Loyalty, With Patients Satisfaction as Mediating Variable (A Study in Vip Ward Of Prof. Dr R Soeharso Ortopedics Hospital In Surakarta). Journal Sebelas Maret Business Review. Vol 2, No 1 (2017).
(14) Victor Pratama, Sri Hartini, 2020. The Effect of Perception of Health Care Service Quality on Patient Satisfaction and Loyality in Mother and Child Hospital. Journal of Theory and Applied Management. Vol 13, No 3 (2020).
(15) Masrulloh, Sentot Imam, Yuly Peristiowati, 2020. Analysis of the Dimension of the Quality of Service with Online Registration System Again to Increase Patient Satisfaction in Outpatient Room of Jombang General Hospital. Journal for Quality in Public Health ISSN: 2614-4913 (Print) Vol. 3, No. 2, May 2020.
(16) RZQ Almomania, RR Al-Ghdabib and K Mohammad Banyhamdanc, 2020. Patients’ satisfaction of health service quality in public hospitals: A PubHosQual analysis. Journal Management Science Letters 10 (2020) 1803–1812
(17) M H Abd Rashid, A A Mansor, M I Hamzah, 2011). Service Quality and Patients’ Satisfaction in Healthcare Service in Malaysia. International Journal of Customer Service Management Vol. 1, No. 1, 41-49, 2011.
(18) Faiza Manzoor, Longbao Wei, Abid Hussain, Muhammad Asif and Syed Irshad Ali Shah, 2019. Patient Satisfaction with Health Care Services; An Application of Physician’s Behavior as a Moderator. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2019, 16, 3318.
(19) Mina Rostami, Leila Ahmadian, Yunes Jahani and Aliakbar Niknafs, 2018. The effect of patient satisfaction with academic hospitals on their loyalty. The Int.Journal of Health Planning and Management. 34-1 2018.
(20) M Bota, C Fles, C Morgovan, M Văleanu and Dan Cosma, 2020. Measuring Patients’ Perception and Satisfaction with the Romanian Healthcare System Smaranda Adina Cosma. Journal Sustainability 2020, 12, 1612.
(21) Ahmed Agyapong, Joel DA and Kwame OK, 2018). Examining the effect of perceived service quality of health care delivery in Ghana on behavioural intentions of patients: The mediating role of customer satisfaction. International Journal of Healthcare Management, 2018 VOL. 11, NO. 4, 276–288.
(22) ND. Barnard, M Hynes, Raymond Tu, L Brandon, EGhandakly, K Vemulapalli, A Burns, A Nowak, 2020. Hospital patient attitudes regarding cancer prevention policies focusing on processed meats: a survey of patients in high- and low-income areas. Journal of Hospital Management and Health Policy. 2020;4:25.
(23) Grant Phelps and P Cooper Deakin, 2020. Can artificial intelligence help improve the quality of healthcare? Journal of Hospital Management and Health Policy. 2020;4:29. http://dx.doi.org/10.21037/jhmhp-20-115.
(24) Leggat and Kevin Yap, 2020. How are hospitals using artificial intelligence in strategic decisionmaking? Journal of Hospital Management and Health Policy 2020;4:39 | http://dx.doi.org/10.21037/jhmhp-20-92.
(25) F Farewar, KMA Saeed, AI Foshanji, SMK Alawi, MY Zawoli, O Sayedi, Wu Zeng, 2020). Analysis of equity in utilization of health services in Afghanistan using a national household survey. Journal of Hospital Management and Health Policy 2020;4:34.
(26) T Wijayantiningrum, Y Wijayanti, B Budi Raharjo, 2019. Analysis of The Individual Health Efforts Quality After Accreditation Assessment at Public Health Centers of Semarang City in 2019. Public Health Perspectives Journal 5 (1) 2020 36 – 46.
(27) Muslim Amin and S Zahora Nasharuddi,2013. Hospital service quality and its effects on patient satisfaction and behavioural intention. Clinical Governance An International Journal. Vol. 18 No. 3, 2013.
(28) Joshua Ofori Essiam, 2013. Service Quality and Patients Satisfaction with Healthcare Delivery: Empirical Evidence from Patients of the Out Patient Department of a Public University Hospital in Ghana. European Journal of Business and Management Vol.5, No.28, 2013 52.
(29) Y Ajeng Mustika, J N Wahjuning Utami, Sukismanto, 2019. Association of Health Service Quality with Patient Satisfaction in Primary Healthcare Center of Gedongtengen Yogyakarta. Journal of Health Education 4 (1) (2019).
(30) Citra Restia Y, Marlianti Hidayat, and Henni Djuhaeni, 2017. Role of Satisfaction with Health Care Services in Increasing Patient Loyalty: an Ambulatory Setting. Althea Medical Journal. Vol 4, No 3 (2017).
(31) Kudra Khamis and Bernard Njau, 2014. Patients’ level of satisfaction on quality of health care at Mwananyamala hospital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. BMC Health Services Research volume 14, Article number: 400 (2014).
(32) Rula Al-Damen, 2017), (N D Lestaria and Ronny, 2018. Health Care Service Quality and Its Impact on Patient Satisfaction “Case of Al-Bashir Hospital”. International Journal of Business and Management 12(9):136. 2017.
(33) S Supriyanto, F Tunjungsari, Wa Ode, N Hanifaty, 2019. Medical staff services quality to patients satisfaction based on SERVQUAL dimensions. International Journal of Public Health Science 8(1):51-57 March 2019.
(34) A A Mosa Alhattia, 2019. Empirical Examination of SERVQUAL on Patients’ satisfaction and Loyalty in UAE Healthcare Industry. International Journal of Innovation. Volume 8, Issue 11, 2019 190.
(35) Y A Santosa, S.M. Ferdous Azam, 2019. Effect of Service Quality and Patient Satisfaction: How Dental Hospital in Indonesia Deal With That?. European Journal Social Sciences. Volume 4, Issue 5, 2019.
(36) H Rivai, N Hijrahwati and H Arifin, 2017. Analysis of Outpatient Satisfaction on the Quality of Pharmaceutical Services at Major General Haji Ahmad Thalib Hospital, Kerinci, Jambi Province, Indonesia. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medicine (IJPSM), Vol.2 Issue. 8, August- 2017.
(37) Renny Listiawaty and Eko Candra, 2016. The Influence Of Service Quality Perseption Toward Inpatient Satisfaction At Mayjen H.A Thalib Hospital Kerinci 2016 . Journal of Global Research in Public Health. Vol. 2 No. 2 Juli-Desember 2017 p-ISSN 2528-066X e-ISSN 2599-2880.
(38) Renaldo, Y Anggoro, K Menik, 2020. Influence Patient Satisfaction Quality of Non-JKN Hospital Clinic. Jurnal Penelitian Ilmu Ekonomi Volume 10 , Number 1 , March 2020| 30. E-ISSN : 2549-5992, P-ISSN : 2088-0944.
(39) Faris S. Alghamdi, MBA, PhD, 2014. The impact of service quality perception on patient satisfaction in Government Hospitals in Southern Saudi Arabia. Saudi Medical Journal, 2014; 35(10): 1271–1273.
(40) Fuad H. A, Burhanuddin D. Pasiga, R Samad, I Bakri, 2017. Patient satisfaction levels in dental health care: a case study of people in North Mamuju, Indonesia 2017. Multidisciplinary Journal of Dental, Jaw and Face development and Science DOI: 10.15562/jdmfs.v3i2.694.
(41) D Simanjorang, RS Bt Hasan, M Silaen, E Girsang, 2019. The Analysis of Quality of Health Services Effect against Patient Satisfaction Patients at Royal Prima Medan Hospital. Journal Medicoeticolegal and Hospital Management 8 (2): 90-97, August 2019.
(42) HK Wibowo and S Junaedi, 2019. The Impact of Service Quality, Patient Satisfaction, and Trust on Positive Word of Mouth (WOM) of Dental Clinic’s Patients. Journal of International Conferences Proceding. Vol 2, No 3 (2019).
(43) Appalayya Meesala and Justin Paul, 2016. Service quality, consumer satisfaction and loyalty in hospitals: Thinking for the future. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. Volume 40, January 2018.
(44) Haryeni and Nofri Yendra, 2019. Impact of Service Quality Dimensions on Patient Satisfaction and Repurchase Intentions in the Public Health Industry. Advances in Economics, Business and Management Research, volume 97 Published by Atlantis Press.
(45) R Mohebifar, H Hasani, A Barikani and S Rafiei, 2016. Evaluating Service Quality from Patients' Perceptions: Application of Importance–performance Analysis Method. Osong Public Health and Research Perspectives. Volume 7, Issue 4, August 2016.
(46) Rehaman B and Husnain M, 2018. The Impact of Service Quality Dimensions on Patient Satisfaction in the Private Healthcare Industry in Pakistan. Journal of Hospital Medical Management Vol.4 No.1:4.
(47) P L Tome, Nurhayani, Darmawansyah, 2019. Analysis of Health Service Quality on Patient Satisfaction in Malimongan. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, July 2019, Vol.10, No. 7 1181.
(48) S Lestariningrum and A Bachtiar, 2019. Patient Satispaction on National Health Insurance Service. Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Science and Health (No. 4, 2019).
(49) A A Mosa Alhattia, 2020. Empirical Examination of SERVQUAL regarding patient satisfaction and loyalty within the UAE Healthcare Industry. International Journal of Innovation, Volume 10, Issue 11, 2020 496.
(50) Susanto and Nuryakin,2018. How do Service Quality and Satisfaction enhancing Customer Loyalty in Indonesia Hospital?. Quality Mangement, Vol. 19, No. 167/December 2018.
(51) T S Maesaroh, E Ulfiana, D A Octaviana, 2020. Relationship of Service Quality Dimensions With Service Satisfaction Antenatal Care. Journal of Applied Health Management and Technology Vol 2, No 4 (2020) 128-136.
(52) A Ismawan, B Sandjaja, A.L. Rantetampang, A Mallongi, R Tingginehe, 2019. The Factors Influence with Satisfaction Patient Outpatient BPJS Kesehatan Member at Manokwari Hospital Manokwari District Papua Barat Province. Galore International Journal of Health Sciences and Research Vol.4; Issue: 1; Jan.-March 2019.
(53) Mutia Sari, Sri Wahyuni N, Ermi Girsang, Chrismis NG, 2018. Relationship of Nursing Service Quality to Patient Satisfaction Levels in Balimbingan Hospital 2018. Int.Journal of Research and Review. E-ISSN: 2349-9788.
(54) F E Budi Setyawan, S Supriyanto, F Tunjungsari, W O Nurlaily Hanifaty, R Lestari, 2019. Medical staff services quality to patients satisfaction based on SERVQUAL dimensions. International Journal of Public Health Science (IJPHS) Vol. 8, No. 1, March 2019.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Nidya Andani, Mappeaty Nyorong, Asriwati .
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.