Design and Implementation of Wireless Body Area Network using physiological parameters
Keywords:Wireless Sensor Network, Physiological Parameter, ECG, Body Temperature
Applications of e-Health deals with various physiological signals like body temperature, Blood Pressure, Electrocardiogram(ECG) captured by either wired networks or wireless sensor networks (WSN).ECG is one of the important parameter. A three lead based ECG acquisition system, body temperature; pulse rate monitoring system is presented in the paper below which can store data. The data can be sent wirelessly to the doctor for further analysis. The proposed design makes use of wearable sensors which will not be of discomfort to the patient. The patient can move around easily.
(1) Nabar, Sidharth, Ayan Banerjee, Sandeep KS Gupta, and Radha Poovendran. "GeMREM:Generative model-driven resource efficient ecg monitoring in body sensor networks."in Body Sensor Networks (BSN), 2011 International Conference on, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2011.
(2) 2012 ,A Remote Diagnosis Service Platform for Wearable ECG Monitors 1541-1672/12/$31.00 © INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS Published by the IEEE Computer Society
(3) A.Hussain, N.Alam, K.S.Kwak, 2011 “Directional MAC approach for wireless body area networks,” Sensors
(4) Dingjuan Chua ; Pathmasuntharam, J.S. ; Yong Ping Xu
WBAN based cableless ECG acquisition system Rui Pan ; Dept. of Electr. & Comput. Eng., Nat. Univ. of Singapore, Singapore,
(5) Haghani 2013."Implementation of a Wireless Body Area Network for Healthcare Monitoring ", https://www.asee.org/documents/.../5-Haghani-ASEE-Paper-2013.pdf
(6) Xin Liu, Yuanjin Zheng, Myint Wai Phyu, F. N. Endru, V. Navaneethan, and Bin Zhao, March 2012 An Ultra-Low Power ECG Acquisition and Monitoring ASIC System for WBAN Applications, IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems, vol. 2, no. 1,
(8) DONG Jun, ZHANG Jia-wei1, ZHU Hong-hai1, WANG Li-ping, LIU Xia, LI Zhen-jiang, May, 2014,Wearable ECG Monitors and Its Remote Diagnosis Service Platform, IEEE Intelligent Systems,
(9) P. S. Pandian, K. P. Safeer, P. Gupta, D. T. Shakunthala, B. S. Sundersheshu and V. C. Padaki, Wireless Sensor Network for Wearable Physiological Monitoring, Journal Of Networks, Vol. 3, No. 5, May 2008
(10) Mayuri Navale,Sandhya Damare,Rameshwari Chavan,Renuka Dube,Prof. uhas Patil ,May2014"Android Based Heart Monitoring and Reporting System",International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 5
(11) Subhas Chandra Mukhopadhyay (MARCH 2015) "Wearable Sensors for Human Activity Monitoring: A Review "IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL, VOL. 15, NO. 3, 1321
(12) Dheeraj Rathee & Savita & S. K. Chakarvarti &V. R. Singh (September 2014)"Recent trends in Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN) research and cognition based adaptive WBAN
architecture for healthcare" Health Technol. , Volume 4, Issue 3, pp 239–244, DOI 10.1007/s12553-014-0083-z
(13) Savita Sindhu,Shruti Vashist and S.K.Chakarvarti March 2016,"Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN): Implementation Techniques: A Review” Communications on Applied Electronics (CAE)– ISSN: 2394-4714Foundation of Computer Science FCS, New York, USAVolume4–No.7, pp16-20
(14) G E. Billman(2011), “Heart Rate Variability-A Historical Perspective”, Frontiers in Physiology., vol. 2, pp. 1-13.
J.B. Rubin and W.B. Borden (2012), “Coronary Heart Disease in Young Adults”, Curr. Atheroscler Rep., vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 140-149.