The comparison of the unit cost of hemodialysis with ina cbg rates in Muhammadiyah Siti Aminah Hospital
Health services in Indonesia have led to the National Health Insurance. Hospitals that serve BPJS participants are paid using a package system based on INA CBG rates. Payment of claims to advanced health facilities is differentiated by type of hospital. Type D hospitals have the lowest INA CBG rates, so they must calculate the unit cost of each procedure given based on the diagnostic group. The purpose of this study was to determine the comparison of the unit cost of hemodialysis measures with INA CBG rates and to find out if there are non-value-added activities in services. This type of research was a qualitative case study. The subject of the study was Muhammadiyah Siti Aminah General Hospital. The object used was all activities that support the occurrence of hemodialysis outpatient services. Data analysis used Activity Based Costing Baker modification. The results shows a unit cost of HD action in 2018 of Rp. 724.725. INA CBG rate for hemodialysis action in Type D Hospital is Rp. 737.700,-. So that a positive difference is obtained between the INA CBG rate and the HD unit cost of Rp. 12,975 -. RSUMSA has not been able to conduct supporting examinations in accordance with the specified standards because the costs incurred will be very high and will cause losses because they exceed INA CBGS tariffs and no potential non-value added activities are found.
Keywords: Unit Cost; Hemodialisis; Tarif INA CBG
2. Indonesian Renal Register. 10 th Report Of Indonesian Renal Registry. 2017;40.
3. Perkumpulan Nefrologi Indonesia. 8th Report Of Indonesian Renal Registry. 2015; Available from: https://www.indonesianrenalregistry.org
4. Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Peraturan Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia Nomor 52 Tahun 2016 Tentang Standar Tarif Pelayanan Kesehatan Dalam Penyelenggaraan Program Jaminan Kesehatan. Direktur Jenderal Peraturan Perundang-Undangan Kementerian Hukum Dan Hak Asasi Manusia Republik Indonesia; 2016.
5. Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Peraturan Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia Nomor 76 Tahun 2016 Tentang Pedoman Indonesian Case Base Groups (INA-CBG) Dalam Pelaksanaan Jaminan Kesehatan Nasional [Internet]. Direktur Jenderal Peraturan Perundang-Undangan Kementerian Hukum Dan Hak Asasi Manusia Republik Indonesia; 2016. Available from: https://www.persi.or.id/images/regulasi/permenkes/pmk762016.pdf
6. Baker JJ. Activity-based Costing and Activity-based Management for Health Care. Jones & Bartlett Learning; 1998. 404 p.
7. Javid M, Hadian M, Ghaderi H, Ghaffari S, Salehi M. Application of the Activity-Based Costing Method for Unit-Cost Calculation in a Hospital. Glob J Health Sci. 2015 May 17;8(1):165–72.
8. Chapko MK, Liu C-F, Perkins M, Li Y-F, Fortney JC, Maciejewski ML. Equivalence of two healthcare costing methods: bottom-up and top-down. Health Econ. 2009 Oct 1;18(10):1188–201.
9. Yarikkaya E, Özekinci S, Sargan A, Durmuş ŞE, Yildiz FR. A Comparative Study of Activity-Based Costing vs. Current Pricing System for Pathology Examinations at Okmeydani Training and Research Hospital, Turkey. Turk Patoloji Derg. 2017;33(1):17–24.
10. Mercier G, Naro G. Costing hospital surgery services: the method matters. PloS One. 2014;9(5):e97290.
11. Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Keputusan Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia Nomor HK.01.07/MENKES/642/2017 tentang Pedoman Nasional Pelayanan Kedokteran Tata Laksana Penyakit Ginjal Tahap Akhir. 2017.
12. Perhimpunan Nefrologi Indonesia. Konsensus Hemodialisis. 2013.
13. Daugirdas JT, Depner TA, Inrig J, Mehrotra R, Rocco MV, Suri RS, et al. KDOQI Clinical Practice Guideline for Hemodialysis Adequacy: 2015 Update. Am J Kidney Dis. 2015 Nov;66(5):884–930.
14. Ashby D, Borman N, Burton J, Corbett R, Davenport A, Farrington K, et al. Renal Association Clinical Practice Guideline on Haemodialysis. BMC Nephrol. 2019 Dec;20(1):379.
15. Bahaswan S, Pribadi F. UNIT COST PELAYANAN HEMODIALISIS DENGAN METODE ACTIVITY BASED COSTING DI ERA JAMINAN KESEHATAN NASIONAL. 2017;7.
16. Robert Mactier, Nic Hoenich Ph.D,Cormac Breen. Renal Association - Haemodialysis FINAL DRAFT [Internet]. Available from: https://renal.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/haemodialysis-5th-edition-1.pdf
17. Chantrel F, de Cornelissen F, Deloumeaux J, Lange C, Lassalle M, registre REIN. [Survival and mortality in ESRD patients]. Nephrol Ther. 2013 Sep;9 Suppl 1:S127-137.
18. Msaad R, Essadik R, Mohtadi K, Meftah H, Lebrazi H, Taki H, et al. Predictors of mortality in hemodialysis patients. Pan Afr Med J [Internet]. 2019 May 28 [cited 2020 Apr 25];33. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6689835/
19. Pladys A, Bayat S, Couchoud C, Vigneau C, McDonald S. Daily hemodialysis practices in Australia/New Zealand and in France: a comparative cohort study. BMC Nephrol [Internet]. 2019 May 7 [cited 2020 Apr 25];20. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6505110/
20. Anutrakulchai S, Mairiang P, Pongskul C, Thepsuthammarat K, Chan-On C, Thinkhamrop B. Mortality and treatment costs of hospitalized chronic kidney disease patients between the three major health insurance schemes in Thailand. BMC Health Serv Res. 2016 29;16(1):528.
21. Wang W-L, Liang S, Zhu F-L, Liu J-Q, Chen X-M, Cai G-Y. Association of the malnutrition-inflammation score with anthropometry and body composition measurements in patients with chronic kidney disease. Ann Palliat Med. 2019 Dec 11;8(5):596-603–603.
22. Ray A, Esparza S, Wu D, Hanudel MR, Joung H-A, Gales B, et al. Measurement of serum phosphate levels using a mobile sensor. The Analyst. 2020 Mar 2;145(5):1841–8.
23. Sette LHBC, de Almeida Lopes EP. Liver enzymes serum levels in patients with chronic kidney disease on hemodialysis: a comprehensive review. Clinics. 2014 Apr;69(4):271–8.
Copyright (c) 2020 gigin bian rosmila, Rizal Yaya, Firman Pribadi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.