The impediments to the application of International Financial Reporting Standards from the point of view of academics and professionals in the Sudan
Keywords:internal environment, the external environment, capital markets, accounting curricula, the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
The study the impediments to the application of International Financial Reporting Standards from the point of view of academics and professionals in Sudan, where the problem in question and the main obstacles to the application of international accounting standards in Sudan? Branched out by a number of questions including; is there a specific mechanism to commit companies in Sudan to apply international accounting standards? Is the organization of accounting and auditing in Sudan identify training needs necessary to complete the process of transition to international standards? Do installations in Sudan is ready financially and to complement the process of transformation? What is the role of the accounting curricula to improve the application of International Financial Reporting Standards?. The study aimed at the statement of the challenges and constraints facing the application of International Financial Reporting Standards in the Sudan, and to clarify the mechanism for the application of international standards and the associated requirements of joining the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) system, and the reflection of the application of international standards of accounting and auditing the accounting curriculum development in higher education institutions (the impact on accounting taught scientific movement in accounting).
The inductive and deductive approach was used, as was the use of the questionnaire as a tool for data collection. The researchers reached to many results, the most important factors affecting the internal environment directly impact in the application of International Financial Reporting Standards these factors in many of the most prominent elements of the administrative policies and the size of the business of the company and its capital, and the prevailing culture, the size of the funding for the transformation process and the application of international standards and the extent of readiness as well as the experiences and competencies necessary accounting full transformation. The failure to meet the requirements of the external environment was largely on the application of international accounting standards, the most important of these requirements in the commitment to the application of standards as a condition of joining the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) in accordance with the statements of membership obligations (SMO,s) that development and performance, add it to join the World Trade Organization, global and regional markets. The study also recommended many of the recommendations, including attention to the training of accountants, and review of accounting curricula in higher education
- Abu Nassar, Mohammed, and Hamidayat, Juma (2008), International Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards: Theoretical and Scientific Aspects, Dar Wael Publishing, Amman, Jordan.
- Ahmed, Zaghdar, Mohamed, Safir (2010), Algeria's Option to Adapt to Disclosure Requirements in accordance with International Accounting Standards, Al-Bahith journal, Qasidi Marbah University, , Ouargla, Algeria, No. 7/2009.
- Ali, Sadiq Mohamed Adam (2016), Proposed mechanism for the International Consensus of Accounting Standards, Journal of Graduate Studies, University of Neeline, Sudan, Volume 6, No. 21.
- Al-Mutairi, Bader Saad (2011), Expected Effects of the Implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards on the Stability of the Financial Market in Kuwait, Unpublished Master Thesis, Middle East University, Jordan.
- Dahabi, Dina Muwafaq (2007), The Extent of Application of International Accounting Standards in Syria, Unpublished Master Thesis, Damascus University
- Gerlf, Yasir Ahmed Alsayed (2010), The Importance of Developing Accounting Standards in Saudi Arabia to Achieve Compliance with International Accounting Standards. Proposed Framework, Paper Presented at the Twelfth Symposium on Accounting Development in Saudi Arabia, Riyadh.
- Kieso, Donald E, and Jerry J. Wygand(1995), International Accounting, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Meliji, Magdi (2014), The Impact of the Shift to International Financial Reporting Standards on the Quality of Accounting Information and the Value of Companies Registered in the Saudi Business Environment. Applied Theory Study, Journal of Accounting and Auditing, Beni Suef University, Egypt, Volume 2, Issue 2.
- Mirza, Abbas Ali, Graham J. Jolt, and Magnus Arial (2006), International Financial Reporting Standards, Central Printing Press, Jordan.