Whisper: A High Capacity File Encrypting and Hiding Method in an Audio File
Keywords:Steganography, File Encryption, File hiding, Audio Steganography.
The advance of internet and multimedia allows for tremendous transferring of digital media data and the percentage of time that users spend in online activity and exchanging important information is increasing day by day. Besides that, the simplicity in editing and transmitting the files, makes them vulnerable for stealing or disrupting. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to find an effective way for sending the sensitive information without being noticed by the eavesdroppers or hackers. Cryptography and Steganography are considered the main protection techniques used against eavesdroppers or hackers. Securing the transmission of the sensitive information over the internet and the publicly available media is essential. Intercepting the transmitted information over internet in any form - text, data, voice, image or video should be denied or at least made it harder by encrypting them or hiding them within any cover media. The need for an innovative approach to secure the personal information is increasing dramatically especially by the organizations and governments as they exchange a highly sensitive information. œIn this work, beside using the most common used encryption methods for encrypting the hidden file and the key, a novel idea for hiding the required information
(1) A. Shaikh, K. Solanki, V. Uttekar, and N. Vishwakarma, “Audio steganography and security using cryptography,” Int. J. Emer. Technol. Adv Eng., ISO, vol. 9001, 2008.
(2) B. R. Priyanka, K. R. Vrushabh, P. K. Komal, S. M. Pingle, and S. R. Mahesh, “Audio steganography using lsb,” International Journal of Electronics, Communication and Soft Computing Science & Engineering (IJECSCSE), vol. 2, p. 90, 2012.
(3) N. Cvejic and T. Seppanen, “Increasing the capacity of lsb-based audio steganography,” in Multimedia Signal Processing, 2002 IEEE Workshop on. IEEE, 2002, pp. 336–338.
(4) G. Nehru and P. Dhar, “A detailed look of audio steganography techniques using lsb and genetic algorithm approach,” IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science
(5) P. Jayaram, H. Ranganatha, and H. Anupama, “Information hiding using audio steganography–a survey,” The International Journal of Multimedia & Its Applications (IJMA) Vol, vol. 3, pp. 86–96, 2011.
(6) R. Garg and V. Laxmi, “Various audio steganography techniques for audio signals.”
(7) S. K. Bandyopadhyay, D. Bhattacharyya, D. Ganguly, S. Mukherjee, and P. Das, “A tutorial review on steganography,” in International conference on contemporary computing, vol. 101, 2008, pp. 105–114.
(8) W. Bender, D. Gruhl, and N. Morimoto, “Method and apparatus for echo data hiding in audio signals,” Apr. 6 1999, uS Patent 5,893,067.
(9) S. Shirali-Shahreza and M. Shirali-Shahreza, “Steganography in silence intervals of speech,” in Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, 2008. IIHMSP’08 International Conference on. IEEE,
, pp. 605–607.
(10) H. Matsuoka, “Spread spectrum audio steganography using sub-band phase shifting,” in Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, 2006. IIH-MSP’06. International Conference on. IEEE, 2006, pp. 3–6.
(11) K. Gopalan and S. Wenndt, “Audio steganography for covert data transmission by imperceptible tone insertion,” in Proc. The IASTED International Conference on Communication Systems And Applications (CSA 2004), Banff, Canada, 2004.
(12) F. Djebbar, B. Ayad, K. A. Meraim, and H. Hamam, “Comparative study of digital audio steganography techniques,” EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing, vol. 2012, no. 1, p. 25, 2012.
(13) J. Daemen and V. Rijmen, The design of Rijndael: AES-the advanced encryption standard. Springer Science & Business Media, 2013.
(14) R. L. Rivest, A. Shamir, and L. Adleman, “A method for obtaining digital signatures and public-key cryptosystems,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 120–126, 1978.