Optimal Routing Algorithm in Multilayer Octagon-Cell: A New Class of Octagon-Cell Interconnected Networks
Keywords:Multilayer Octagon-Cell, Octagon-Cell, Interconnection topology, Routing, Routing algorithm, Network services.
In communication system of network routing algorithm acts an important role. The efficiency of a parallel system depends on the reliable and efficient routing algorithm which is used to route the messages between the fault-free nodes. In this paper a new class of interconnection network of Octagon-Cell is introduced, which is called Multilayer Octagon-Cell (MLO). The structure of Multilayer Octagon-cell is recursive in nature. It can be expanded, if we increase the depth of MLO. This paper introduces the node degree, diameter, number of links, bisection width of the MLO network and we have also developed the optimal routing algorithm of MLO.
(1) Sanjukta Mohanty and Prafulla Ku. Behera, Optimal Routing Algorithm in a Octagon-Cell Network. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, 2011. Vol.2, No.5: p.625-637
(2) Boxer, L. and Miller, R., Dynamic Computational Geometry on Meshes and Hypercubes. Proceedings of the International Conference on Parallel Processing, st. Charles, lllinois,1998. p. 323-330.
(3) Ahmad Sharieh, Mohammad Qatawneh, Wesam Almobaideen, Azzam Sleit, Hex-Cell: Modeling, Topological Properties and Routing Algorithm. European Journal of Scientific Research, 2008. Vol.22 No.2: p. 457-468.
(4) Catherine Decayeux and David Seme, 3D Hexagonal Network: Modeling, Topological properties, Addressing scheme, and Optimal Routing Algorithm. IEEE Transaction on parallel and distributed Systems, 2005. Vol. 16, No. 9: p. 875-884.
(5) Parhami, Computer Architecture: From Microprocessors to Supercomputers”, Oxford.2005.
(6) Qatawneh Mohammed, Adaptive Fault Tolerant Routing algorithm for Tree-Hypercube Multicomputer. Journal of Computer Science,2006. Vol.2, No.2: p. 124-126.
(7) Y Saad and M H Schultz, Topological Properties of Hypercubes, IEEE Transaction Computers.1998. Vol. 37: p. 867.
(8) Chan, T. F. and Saad, Y., Multigrid Algorithms on the Multiprocessor. IEEE Transactions on Computers, November, 2002. Vol. C-35, No. 11: p. 969-977.
(9) Della Vecchia, G. and C. Sanges, A Recursively Scalable Network for VLSI Implementation, Future Generation Computer Systems, 1995.p.235-243.
(10) Kai Hwang, Advanced Computer Architecture: Parallelism, Scalability, Programmability. McGraw-Hill Book Co. International Edition,1993.
(11) Parhami, B., Introduction to parallel Processing: Algorithms and Architectures, Plenum,1999.
(12) Ghose, K. and K.R. Desai, Hierarchical Cubic Network. IEEE Transaction Parallel and Distributed Systems,1995. Vol. 6, No. 4: p. 427-435.
(13) J. Bosh, D. Maltz, D. Johnson, Y. Hu, and J. Jetcheva, A Performance Comparison of Multi-Hop Wireless Ad Hoc Network Routing Protocols. Proceedings of 4th Annual AAM/IEEE International Conference On Mobile Computing and Networking , 1998.
(14) R. Schoonderwoerd, O. Holland, J. Bruten, and L. Rothkrantz, Ant-based Load Balancing in telecommunications Networks. Adaptive Behavior, 1997. Vol. 5: p. 169-207, 1997.
(15) C. K. Toh, Maximum Battery Life Routing to Support Ubiquitous Mobile Computing in Wireless D Hoc Networks. IEEE Communications Magazine, 2001. p. 138-147.
(16) Mohammad Qatawneh, Multilayer Hex-Cells: A New Class of Hex-Cell Interconnection Networks for Massively Parallel Systems. Int.J. Communications, Network and System Sciences, 2011.Vol-4: p.704-708.