A Double Threshold Energy Estimation Approach to Optimize Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio Network
Keywords:Cognitive Radio, Primary user, Secondary user, Energy detection, Double threshold Algorithm.
In cognitive radio network, detection of Spectrum is a new innovation to analyses exploitation of underutilized range to overcome the issue of spectrum shortage. One of the vital Spectrum detecting strategies for cognitive radio is energy detection. In this paper, energy detection method is proposed for cooperative and non-cooperative cognitive radio. In this work we introduce new scheme for the spectrum sensing which is based on the improved double threshold method. Results demonstrate that detection probability increases whenever signal to noise ratio (SNR) and false alarm probability increases. Here, we discuss about advancement of threshold value along with energy identification for enhancing the outcome of spectrum sensing. Setting threshold value to reduce spectrum sensing fault, shrinks collision probability with primary user, enhance the value of available spectrum, hence enhancing aggregate spectrum efficiency. In any case, when deciding threshold level, spectrum sensing limitation should additionally be fulfilled since it promises least protection level of Primary User(PU) and utilization level of empty range. To minimize spectrum detecting lapse for given range detecting imperative, we determine an ideal adaptable threshold level by using the spectrum detecting lapse capacity and imperative which is given by imbalance condition. Simulation results demonstrate that the proposed plan gives better spectrum sensing results.
(1) Chen W. The spectrum sensing and interference estimation techniques of Cognitive Radio. M.S.Thesis. Chengdu: University of Electronic Science and Technology of China. 2010.
(2) Sobron, I.; Diniz, P.S.R.; Martins, W.A.; Velez, M., "Energy Detection Technique for Adaptive Spectrum Sensing," Communications, IEEE Transactions on , vol.63, no.3, pp.617,627, March 2015.
(3) He D, Lin Y, He C, et al. A Novel Spectrum-Sensing Technique in Cognitive Radio Based on Stochastic Resonance. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2010; 59(4):1680-1688.
(4) Yonghua Wang, Pin Wan, Qin Deng, Yuli Fu, “Spectrum Sensing Based on Monostable Stochastic Resonance in Cognitive Radio Networks” TELKOMNIKA, Vol.13, No.2, June 2015, pp. 487 ~ 493.
(5) Lin Y, He C, Jiang L, et al. A Cyclostationary-Based Spectrum Sensing Method Using Stochastic Resonance in Cognitive Radio. 2010 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC). Shanghai. 2010: 1-5.
(6) L. Rugini, P. Banelli, and G. Leus, “Small sample size performance of the energy detector,” Communications Letters, IEEE, vol. 17, no. 9, pp.1814–1817, September 2013.
(7) Althunibat, S.; Di Renzo, M.; Granelli, F., "Optimizing the K-out-of-N rule for cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks," Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2013 IEEE , vol., no., pp.1607,1611, 9-13 Dec. 2013.
(8) Powell , Copps et al , “Notice of proposed rulemaking and order” Federal Communications Commission Washington, D.C. 20554.
(9) Di H, Chen H, Lingge J, et al. Spectrum Sensing Approach Based on Optimal Stochastic Resonance Technique under Color Noise Background in Cognitive Radio Networks. 2010 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC). Shanghai. 2010: 1-4.
(10) Zahabi, S.J.; Tadaion, A.A.; Aissa, S., "Neyman-Pearson Cooperative Spectrum Sensing for Cognitive Radio Networks with Fine Quantization at Local Sensors," Communications, IEEE Transactions on , vol.60, no.6, pp.1511,1522, June 2012.
(11) L.-l. Zhang, J.-g. Huang, and C.-k. Tang, “Novel energy detection scheme in cognitive radio,” in Signal Processing, Communications and Computing (ICSPCC), 2011 IEEE International Conference on, Sept 2011, pp. 1–4.
(12) Collins, S.D.; Sirkeci-Mergen, B., "Localization ROC Analysis for Multiband Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radios," Military Communications Conference, MILCOM 2013 - 2013 IEEE , vol., no., pp.64,67, 18-20 Nov. 2013.