Electrical Behavior of Solar Cell based on ZnO/PS
Keywords:component, ZnO, PC1D, Characteristic I-V.
Because of high loss of photovoltaic conversion due to reflection of incident photon by the silicon surface, we proposed in this work a single heterojunction solar cell model based on porous silicon (PS) and Zinc oxide to minimize this loss, which the ZnO could act like front n-layer as well as antireflection coating saving processing cost and complexity. In the experiment the ZnO layer was deposited by spray pyrolysis method on porous silicon (PS) using nitrate precursors with different molar concentration. The proposed treatment has also demonstrated a significant decrease in the reflectivity of ZnO/PS. To simulate a solar cell based on porous silicon and zinc oxide, we have used PC1D software. The variation of internal and external quantum efficiency, and I-V characteristics have been done by changing the reflectivity of ARC layer, The I-V results obtained by PC1D simulation was compared with the experiment results: Simulations anticipated conversion efficiency was 14,5% while by experiments was 12% for the device fabricated with 0.25 M.
(1) Long Yang, Bao-gai Zhai , Qing-lan Ma, Yuan Ming Huang ,” Effect of ZnO decoration on the photovoltaic performance of TiO2 based dye sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds , pp 109–112 2014.
(2) Z.Yamlahi Alami,M. Salem, M. Gaidi, J.Elkhamkhami , “Effect of Zn concentration on structural and optical proprieties of ZnO thin films deposited by spray pyrolysis” Advanced Energy: An International Journal (AEIJ), Vol. 2, No. 4, 2015.
(3) Brijesh Kumar, Sang-Woo Kim,”Energy harvesting based on semiconducting piezoelectric ZnO nanostructures,” Nano Energy ,vol 1, pp 342–355, 2012.
(4) Daqiang Gao, Zhaohui Zhang, Junli Fu, Yan Xu, Jing Qi and Desheng Xue, ”Room temperature ferromagnetis of pure ZnO nanoparticles“ J. Appl. Phys, vol 105, p 113928 ,2009 .
(5) A.J. Behan, J.R. Neal, R.M. Ibrahim, A. Mokhtari, M. Ziese, H.J. Blythe, A.M. Fox and G.A. Gehring, ”Magneto-optical and transport studies of ZnO-based dilute magnetic semiconductors,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials ,
Volume 310, Issue 2, p. 2158-2160,2007
(6) C. Besleaga, G.E. Stan, A.C. Galca, L. Ion, S. Antohe, ”Double layer structure of ZnO thin films deposited by RF-magnetron sputtering” Applied Surface Science 258 (2012) 8819– 8824.
(7) K. Bab, C. Lazzaroni, O. Brinza, M. Nikravech,”Effect of zinc nitrate concentration on structural and optical properties of ZnO thin filmsdeposited by Spray Plasma device,” Thin Solid Films , vol 558 ,pp 62–66, 2014.
(8) Zi-Neng Ng, Kah-Yoong Chan, Thanaporn Tohsophon, “Effects of annealing temperature on ZnO and AZO films prepared by sol–gel technique”Applied Surface Science, vol 258 ,pp 9604– 9609 , 2012.
(9) L. Moreno, C. Sánchez-Aké, M. Bizarro, ”Double-beam pulsed laser deposition for the growth “of Al-incorporated ZnO thin films”Applied Surface Science 302 (2014) 46–51.
(10) M. Salem ,Z. Yamlahi Alami ,B. Bessais , A. Chahboun , M. Gaidi, ”Structural and optical properties of ZnO nanoparticles deposited on porous silicon for mc-Si passivation” J Nanopart Res
.17 (2015) 137
(11) B. Elidrissi, M. Addou, M. Regragui, A. Bougrine, Lebanese Sci. Res. Vol 4, p 230, 1998
(12) M.Belarbi ,A.Benyoucef ,B.Benyoucef, “ Simulation of the solar cells with PC1D, application to cells based on silicon ,” Advanced Energy: An International Journal (AEIJ), Vol. 1, No. 3 ,2014 .
(13) Babar Hussain, Abasifreke Ebong, “Specifications of ZnO growth for heterostructure solar cell and PC1D based simulations”, Data in Brief volume 5, pp 516–521, 2015.
(14) Babar Hussain, Abasifreke Ebong,Ian ferguson ,”zinc oxide as an active n-layer and antireflection coating for silicon based heterojunction solar cell ,” solar energy materials and solar cells , vol 139 , pp 95-100,2015