Technical Data Extraction and Representation in Expert CAPP System
Keywords:CAD/CAM, CAPP, machining operation sequencing, Expert system, knowledge bases, Artificial intelligence
Computer-aided process planning (CAPP) is an essential interface for linking design and manufacturing processes, the purpose of CAPP is to transform a part design specification obtained from CAD system into a sequence of machining operations which can be used by CAM system involving the selection of necessary manufacturing processes in order to transform a designed part into a final part economically and competitively.This paper focus on the extraction of tolerances (GD&T) and their association to the related features embedded into an expert CAPP system.
(1) Antonio Armillotta,A method for computer-aided specification of geometric tolerances,Dipartimento di Meccanica, Politecnico di Milano, ViaLa Masa 1, 20156 Milano, Italy, Computer-Aided Design 45 (2013) 1604–1616.
(2) Mehmet I. Sarigecili , Utpal Roya,Interpreting the semantics of GD&T specifications of a product for tolerance analysis, Computer-Aided Design 47 (2014) 72–84.
(3) OntoSTEP Plug-in. July, 2012. http://www.nist.gov/el/msid/ontostep.cfm.
(4) ISO_10303-11, Industrial automation systems and
integration — Product data representation and exchange —Part 11: Description methods: The EXPRESS language.
(5) ISO_10303-21, Industrial automation systems andintegration — Product data representationand exchange —Part 21: Implementation methods: Clear textencoding of the exchange structure.
(6) Pei Lei, Lianyu Zheng,A STEP-NC compatible on-machine measurement system with automated correlation of inspection data. Applied Mechanics and Materials Vols. 397-400 (2013) pp 1772-1777
(7) HakkiEskicioglu, The Use of Expert System Building Tools in Process Planning, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, 1992, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence.Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 33-42, 1992.
(8) JaiderOussama, al. Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications ISSN : 2248-9622, Vol. 4, Issue 5( Version 1), May 2014
(9) STEP Application Protocol (AP) 203 editions 1 & 2,Configuration Controlled 3D Designs of Mechanical Partsand Assemblies, ISO10303 1994, (2007) & (2009).