Bilingual Information Hiding System: A Formalized Approach
Steganogrphy and cryptography are used to maintain privacy and security over communication channels. Due to their complexity and diversity, there is a need for their continuous improvements. In this paper, we consider such improvements and propose a new bilingual information hiding system. The proposed system is based on a formal approach that incorporates text-based steganography
and cryptography in a way that permits multilayered levels of security and privacy and improves the quality of information hiding in terms of perceptual transparency, robustness and hiding capacity. Considering an Arabic text as a cover one, the inter-word spaces and word features have been used as places for information hiding. As a result, 3.676 have been achieved as an improved average of capacity ratio.
(1) Bennett, K., Linguistic steganography: Survey, analysis and robustness concerns for information hiding in text. Purdue University, CERIAS Technical Report, 2004.
(2) Bender, S., Gruhl, D., Morimoto, N., Techniques for data hiding. IBM System Journal, 1996. 35(4): p. 313-336.
(3) Komal, P., Sumit, V., Hitesh, C., A Survey of Information Hiding Techniques. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 2013. 3(1): p.347-349
(4) Cachin, C., An information –theoretic model for steganography. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1998. 1225: p. 306-318.
(5) Jabri, R., Ibrahim, B., Al-Zoubi, H., Information Hiding: A Generic Approach. Journal of Computer Science, 2009. 5(12): 930-936.
(6) Sumathi, G., Santanam, T., Umamaheswari, G., A study of Various steganograrphic Techniques Used for Information Hiding. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 2013. 4(6):
(7) Por, L., Delina, B., Information hiding: A new approach in text steganography. 7th WSEAS Int. Conf. on Applied Computer & Applied Computational Science, Hanghou, Chiana, 2008. P. 689-695.
(8) Kwan, M., The SNOW homepage, http://www.darkside.com.au/snow/, 1998.
(9) Haddouch Bergmair, R., Towards linguistics stganogrphy: A systematic investigation of approaches, Systems and Issues. Technical Report. 2004.
(10) Shirali-Shareza, M.,H., Shirali-Shareza, M. Steganography in Persian and Arabic Unicode Texts Using Pseudo-Space and Pseudo-Connection Characters. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information, 2008. 4( 8): p. 682-687.
(11) Shirali-Shareza, M., H., Shirali-Shareza, M. A New Approach to Persian/Arabic Text Steganography. 5th IEEE/ACIS on Computer and Information Science (ICIS- COMSAR 06), 2006. P. 310-315.
(12) Shirali-Shareza, M. A New Persian/Arabic Text Stegonography Using " La Word". Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Computer, Information and Systems Sciences and Engineering, Bridgeport, CT, USA, 2007.
(13) Al Haidari, F., Gutub, A., Al-Kahsah, K., Hamodi, J. 2009. Improved Security and Capacity for Arabic Text Steganography Using 'Kashida ' Extensions. IEEE/ACS International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications, Rabat, 2009. P. 396-399.
(14) Al-Azawi, A.F., Fadhil, M.,A., Arabic Text Steganography Using Kashida Extensions with Huffman Code. Journal of Applied Sciences 2010. 10(5): P. 436-439.
(15) Gutub, A., Elarian, Y., Awaideh, S., Alvi, A., Arabic Text Steganography Using Multiple Diacritics, WoSPA 5th IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing and its Applications, Sharjah, UAE, 2008.