Design of Reference Phantom for Quality Control of Conventional X-ray Radiography Units in Port Sudan
- Reference, phantom, quality control, X-ray, Port Sudan
Copyright (c) 2020 Yousif Mohamed Y. Abdallah, Wail Zaki, Babeker Ahmadoun, Abuobeada Musa
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The Quality Control (QC) system, based on simple, cheap equipment and minimum personnel time, enables a resource-limited facility and staff to control the fundamental components of the imaging process on a low cost basis. Quality Assurance (QA) is a product or service quality management program. Customer reviews, capacity building and quality control can also be included. Quality control requires specific measures for ensuring measurable process-related aspects of product output or for the delivery of services within a given limit. Research was conducted at the Medical Physics Department of Red Sea University. The main objective of this work was to boost quality assurance rays. The imagination is more user-friendly and produces better results than a person or object. Phantoms, including fluoroscopy or x-rays, and certain image quality measurements have been used in x-rays imaging. The manufactured phantom in this study showed high precision in different QC tests.
- (1) Abdallah, Y., Hayder, A., and Wagiallah ,E., Automatic Enhancement of Mammogram using Contrast Algorithm. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 2014. 3(9): p. 1886-1891.
- (2) Abdelwahab, R., and Abdallah, Y., Hayder, A., and Wagiallah ,E., Application of Texture Analysis Algorithm for Data Extraction in Dental X-Ray Images. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 2014. 3(10): p. 1934-1939.
- (3) Abdallah, Y., Alkhir, M., Algaddal, A., Improvement of Brain Tumors Detection Using Markers and Boundaries Transform. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 2015. 4(1): p. 2372-2378.
- (4) Bushberg, J. T., Seibert, J. A, Leidholdt, E. M. and Boone, J. M. The Essential Physics of Medical Imaging. 2nd ed. Lippincott William and Wilkins, Philadelphia. USA. 2003: p. 124-138
- (5) Vaño E., Miller D.L., Martin C.J., Rehani M.M., Kang K., Rosenstein M., Ortiz-Lopez P., Mattsson S., Padovani R., Rogers A., Diagnostic reference levels in medical imaging. ICRP Publication 135. Ann. ICRP 2017.46(1).
- (6) Abdallah, Y., Application of Analysis Approach in Noise Estimation, Using Image Processing Program. Lambert Publishing Press GmbH & Co. KG, Germany, 2011.
- (7) Abdallah, Y., Introduction to Dental radiograpy, Theroy and pactice. Lambert Publishing Press GmbH & Co. KG, Germany, 2019:102-123
- (8) Korner M, Weber CH, Wirth S, Pfeifer KJ, Reiser MF, Advances in Digital Radiography: Physical Principles and System Overview 1. Radiographics 2007.27(3): 675-686.
- (9) Lyra, M.; Sotiropoulos, M., Lagopati, N. & Gavrilleli, M. , Quantification of Myocardial Perfusion in 3D SPECT images – Stress/Rest volume differences, Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST), IEEE International Conference 2010: p. 31 – 35
- (10) Narasimha-Iyer, H., et al., Automatic Identification of Retinal Arteries and Veins From Dual-Wavelength Images Using Structural and Functional Features. Biomedical Engineering, IEEE Transactions, 2007. 54(8): p. 1427-1435.
- (11) Abdallah, Y., and Wagiallah, E., Segmentation of Thyroid Scintography Using Edge Detection and Morphology Filters. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 2014. 3(11): p. 2768-2772.
- (12) Abdallah YM, Boshara MA. Assessment of field size on radiotherapy machines using texture analysis. Sudan Med Monit 2014;9:5-10.
- (13) Hong, S., Optimal scheduling of tracing computations for real-time vascular landmark extraction from retinal fundus images. Information Technology in Biomedicine, IEEE Transactions on, 2001. 5(1): p. 77-91.
- (14) Pinz, A., et al., Mapping the human retina. Medical Imaging, IEEE Transactions on, 1998. 17(4): p. 606-619.
- (15) Abdallah, Y., and Yousef R., Augmentation of X-Rays Images using Pixel Intensity Values Adjustments. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 2015. 4(2): p. 2425-2430.
- (16) Wasan, B., et al., Vascular network changes in the retina with age and hypertension. Journal of hypertension, 1995. 13(12).
- (17) Koozekanani, D., et al., Tracking the Optic Nerve Head in OCT Video Using Dual Eigenspaces and an Adaptive Vascular Distribution Model. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, IEEE Computer Society Conference on, 2001. 1: p. 934.