The Blockchain: Overview of “Past” and “Future”
Variety of network technologies deployed for ease of use and emerging technologies developed for better communication, enhanced security and faster delivery. The global financial crash of 2007-2008 created a lot of distrust between financial institutions and other stakeholders in societies across the globe. The general dissatisfaction caused members of the computing world to begin to ponder if there were electronic ways to ensure that disintermediation could be achieved. This would essentially get rid of the banks as middlemen or the very worst reduce their overall power and boost anonymity regarding transactions. The Blockchain is the end result of these deliberations and efforts. It is an unstoppable, trust-based, immutable, peer-to-peer distributed database that has found success in todays world. Its most prominent application is in the crypto-currency field. However, it is slowly but surely being applied to other fields as well. This research paper highlights the previous trends in security and network field and exposing the importance of Blockchain technology interims of specific pros and cons.
(5) Alzubi, A. and Sari, A. (2016) Deployment of Hash
Function to Enhance Message Integrity in Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN). Int. J. Communications, Network and System Sciences, Vol.9,No.12, pp. 613-621. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ijcns.2016.912047
(6) Sari, A., Rahnama, B., Eweoya, I., Agdelen, Z. (2016) Energizing the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for Better Performance. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol.7, No.4, pp.992-1000, ISSN 2229-5518.
(7) Kirencigil, B.Z., Yilmaz, O., Sari, A., (2016) Unified 3-tier Security Mechanism to Enhance Data Security in Mobile Wireless Networks. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol.7, No.4, pp. 1001-1011, ISSN 2229-5518.
(8) Yilmaz, O., Kirencigil, B.Z., Sari, A., (2016) VAN Based theoretical EDI Framework to enhance organizational data security for B2B transactions and comparison of B2B cryptographic application models.International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol.7, No.4, pp. 1012-1020, ISSN 2229-5518.
(9) Akkaya, M., Sari, A., Al-Radaideh, A.T., (2016) Factors affecting the adoption of cloud computing based-medical imaging by healthcare professionals. American Academic & Scholarly Research Journal, Vol.8, No.1, pp.13-22.
(10) Sari, A., Onursal, O. and Akkaya, M. (2015) Review of the Security Issues in Vehicular Ad Hoc Net-works (VANET). Int. J. Communications, Network and System Sciences, Vol. 8, No.13, pp. 552-566. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ijcns.2015.813050 .
(11) Sari, A. and Karay, M. (2015) Reactive Data Security Approach and Review of Data Security Techniques in Wireless Networks. Int. J. Communications, Network and System Sciences, Vol.8, No.13, pp. 567-577. Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ijcns.2015.813051.
(12) Cambazoglu, ?. and Sari, A. (2015) Collision Avoidance in Mobile Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks with Enhanced MACAW Protocol Suite. Int. J. Communications, Network and System Sciences, Vol.8, No.13, pp. 533-542. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ijcns.2015.813048.
(13) Sari, A. and Akkaya, M. (2015) Fault Tolerance Mechanisms in Distributed Systems. International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences, Vol.8, No.12, pp. 471-482. doi: http://10.4236/ijcns.2015.812042.
(14) Sari, A. and Karay, M. (2015) Comparative Analysis of Wireless Security Protocols: WEP vs WPA. International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences, Vol. 8, No.12, pp. 483-491. doi: http://10.4236/ijcns.2015.812043.
(19) Rahnama, B., Sari, A., & Ghafour, M. Y. (2016). Countering RSA Vulnerabilities and Its Replacement by ECC: Elliptic Curve Cryptographic Scheme for Key Generation. In D. G., M. Singh, & M. Jayanthi (Eds.) Network Security Attacks and Countermeasures (pp. 270-312). Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference. doi:10.4018/978-1-4666-8761-5.ch012
(21) Rahnama, B.; Sari, A.; Makvandi, R., "Countering PCIe Gen. 3 data transfer rate imperfection using serial data interconnect," Technological Advances in Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (TAEECE), 2013 International Conference on , vol., no., pp.579,582, 9-11 May 2013 doi: http://doi.acm.org/10.1109/TAEECE.2013.6557339.
(22) Sari, A.; Rahnama, B., (2013) "Simulation of 802.11 Physical Layer Attacks in MANET," Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSyN), 2013 Fifth International Conference on , vol., no., pp.334,337, 5-7 June 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CICSYN.2013.79 .
(24) Deloitte. (2016). Blockchain: Engima. Paradox. Opportunity.
(25) Ito, J., Narula, N., & Ali, R. (2017, March 08). The Blockchain Will Do to the Financial System What the Internet Did to Media.
(26) Nakamoto, S. (2008, October). Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System.
(27) Arbogast, S. (2016, November 21). What Qualifies as a Blockchain? Retrieved November 12, 2017, from Chainskills: http://chainskills.com/2016/11/21/what-qualifies-as-a-blockchain/
(28) Gupta, V. (2017, February 28). A Brief History of Blockchain.
(29) Meola, A. (2017, 28 sep). Business insider. Retrieved 28 sep, 2017, from Business insider: http://www.businessinsider.com/blockchain-technology-applications-use-cases-2017-9
(30) Basden, J., & Cottrell, M. (2017, March 27). How Utilities Are Using Blockchain to Modernize the Grid.
(31) Tapscott, D., & Tapscott, A. (2017, March). Blockchain Could Help Artists Profit More from Their Creative Works.
(32) Crowe, P. (2016, 5 March). Business insider. Retrieved March 2016, 2016, from business insider : http://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-blockchain-2016-3
(33) Kelsey, J. (2016). Introduction to Blockchains. Crowe, P. (2016, 5 March).
(34) Acheson, N. (2016, June 6). How does Proof of Work, um, work? Retrieved November 2017, from Decentralize Today: https://decentralize.today/how-does-proof-of-work-um-work-f44642b24215
Copyright (c) 2017 Transactions on Networks and Communications
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.