Multi-layers Video Steganography: A Novel Technique for Image Hiding
Keywords:Video Steganography, data hiding, LSB, MSB, grayscale image
Steganography is hiding of a secret message within an ordinary message. Both secret and ordinary data can be of different type such as document, digital image or digital video. As videos are transmitted more frequently over the internet we imposed a large impact on video steganography. In this work, we are presenting a novel video steganography technique to hide greyscale image inside a colored video. Our proposed technique consists of five stages that take the 6 most significant bits from each pixel of the secret image and hide it in different layers in the cover video using the least significant 2 bits from each color in each pixel in the selected frame. We proposed a selection procedure of video frames to improve the technique security. The experimental results are promising.
(1) Scholar, P. and J.S. Nair., A Review of Image based Cryptography, International Journal of Computer Security & Source Code Analysis, 2015. 1(3): p. 13-16.
(2) Napal, S., et al., Image Watermark Embedded Using Dwt, Neural Network and RSA. International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Applications (IJAERA), 2015. 1(7): p. 276-284.
(3) Johnson, N. and S. Jajodia, Exploring steganography: Seeing the unseen . Computer, on IEEE, 1998. 31(2): p. 26-34.
(4) Sadek, M. M., et al., Video steganography: a comprehensive review. Multimedia tools and applications, 2015. 74(17): p. 7063-7094.
(5) Goyal, H. and P. Bansal, An Analytical Study on Video Steganography Techniques. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, 2015. 6(5): p. 50-52.
(6) Khan, Z., et al., Threshold based Steganography: A Novel Technique for Improved Payload and SNR. International Arab Journal of Information Technology [Online]. 2016, 13(4).
(7) Sudeepa, KB., et al., A New Approach for Video Steganography Based on Randomization and Parallelization., Procedia Computer Science, 2016. 78: p. 483-490.
(8) Hasso, Abdul-Rhman S., Steganography in Video Files. International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI), 2016, 13(1): p. 32-35.
(9) Mstafa, R. J., et al., A video steganography algorithm based on Kanade-Lucas-Tomasi tracking algorithm and error correcting codes. Multimedia Tools and Applications. 2015. p. 1-23.
(10) Balaji, R. and G. Naveen. Secure data transmission using video Steganography. Electro/Information Technology (EIT), on IEEE International Conference, 2011. p. 1-5.
(11) Khan, M., et al., Dual-level security based cyclic18 steganographic method and its application for secure transmission of keyframes during wireless capsule endoscopy , Journal of medical systems, 2016. 40(5): p. 1-16.
(12) Huynh-Thu, Q. and M. Ghanbari, Scope of validity of PSNR in image/video quality assessment. Electronics letters, 2008. 44(13): p. 800-801.