Android Application Development for Secure Data Transmission using Steganography
Keywords:Android Platform, Encryption, LSB, PVD, MMS, MSE, PSNR, Security, Steganography.
Real time implementation of Steganographic algorithm along with encryption is used to achieve secure data flow across Android mobiles. In this paper, pixel value differencing (PVD) technique one of the steganographic algorithm with AES encryption are implemented using JAVATM on android platform to achieve high level security for real time multimedia messaging service (MMS) system. One of the important concerns in any communication system is the security of the data transmission from eavesdropper. To overcome this security problem, the most effective technique is the steganography. Steganography is used to hide secret information onside some carrier. Image is taken as a carrier file to hide secret information (text, image, audio). To add more security, encryption is also done on the secret file which will be hidden inside MMS. The Pixel Value Differencing (PVD) technique is used to hide secret information (text, image, audio). Different sizes of secret images are considered keeping the fixed size of cover image and the calculations have been done for MSE and PSNR of image in MATLAB. Later, the results of the PVD are compared with the LSB technique. Encryption and Steganographic algorithms are ported on Sony Xperia M mobile device with Android version 4.3.
Keywords – Android Platform, Encryption, LSB, PVD, MMS, MSE, PSNR, Security, Steganography.
(1) Geetanjali R. Kshirsagar, Savita Kulkarni “Implementation of Hybrid Algorithm for Secured Multimedia Messaging Service System Using Android” Proc. of the Second Intl. Conf. on Advances in Computer, Electronics and Electrical Engineering -- CEEE 2013
(2) Mr. Vikas Tyagi “ Data Hiding in Image using least significant bit with cryptography” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 2, Issue 4, April 2012
(3) Rosziati Ibrahim, Law Chia Kee “MoBiSiS: An Android-based Application for Sending Stego Image through MMS” ICCGI 2012 : The Seventh International Multi-Conference on Computing in the Global Information Technology June 24-29, 2012 - Venice, Italy
(4) S.Mohanapriya “Design and Implementation of Steganography Along with Secured Message Services in Mobile Phones” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, ISSN 2250-2459, Volume 2, Issue 5, May 2012
(5) Mukesh Garg, A.P. Gurudev Jangra “An Overview of Different Type of Data Hiding Scheme in Image using Steganographic Techniques” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. Volume 4, Issue 1, January 2014
(6) Wu D. C and Tsai W. H. (2003), “A steganographic method for images by pixel-value differencing", Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 24, no. 9-10, pp. 1613-1626.
(7) Wu H.C., et al. (2005), “Image Steganographic scheme based on pixel-value differencing and LSB replacement methods”, VISP(152).
(8) Marghny H. Mohamed, Naziha M. Al-Aidroos and Mohamed A. Bamatraf “Innovative Multi-Level Secure Steganographic Scheme based on Pixel Value Difference” International Journal in Foundations of Computer Science & Technology (IJFCST), Vol. 2, No.6, November 2012.