Novel Approach for Noise Removal of Brain Tumor MRI Images
Keywords:Wavelet transform, Image denoising, Sharpen filter, Median filter.
In Image processing, Image denoising becomes mandatory for many applications. In medical imaging, An MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) image provides high quality when estimated with CT imaging techniques and hence it is best suited for diagnosis. Even though it’s providing high quality informations, images may corrupted by noise due to acquisition and transmission. Noises have to remove while the mean time there is no loss of information and also have the capability to preserve edges. This paper presents a novel approach for denoise the brain tumor MRI images using combine features of Stationary Wavelet Transform (SWT), median filter and sharpening filter. Accordingly, this approach is intended to develop for the noise removal with the edge preserving qualities in brain tumor MRI images. In Wavelet, SWT shows a superior performance in denoising because of its multi-resolution property and no signal leakage. Median filter helps in preserving edges and edges are enhanced by sharpen filter .And the results are compared using some image quality factors to find out the similarity with the original images.
(1) Abdullah Al Jumah, “Denoising of an Image Using Discrete Stationary Wavelet Transform and Various Thresholding Techniques”, Journal of Signal and Information Processing,4, 33-41,2013.
(2) D.Anithadevi, K.Perumal “Brain Tumour Extraction Based On Segmentation”, International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication (IJRITCC), ISSN: 2321-8169, Volume: 2 Issue: 9, 2682 – 2689,2014.
(3) S. Janani, R.Marisuganya, R.Nivedha, “MRI Image Segmentation Using Stationary Wavelet Transform and FCM algorithm”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887), ICIIIOSP-2013.
(4) Jaspreet kaur, Rajneet kaur,” Image Denoising for Speckle Noise reduction in Ultrasound Images using dwt technique”, International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM), ISSN 2319 – 4847, Volume 2, Issue 6, June 2013.
(5) Kanwaljeet Kaur, Gurjant Singh and Abhinash Singla, “Research On Spatial Filters And Homomorphic Filtering methods”, Journal of Global Research in Computer Science (JGRCS), ISSN : 2229-371X, Volume 3, No. 11, November 2012.
(6) Mirajkar PradnyaP., Sachine D. Ruikar, “Image Fusion based on Stationary Wavelet Transform”, International journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, II/ IV/July-Sept., 2013/99-101.
(7) V N Prudhvi Raj, Dr. T Venkateswarlu, “Denoising of Medical Images using Image Fusion Techniques”, International Journal of Signal and Image Processing, Vol.3 - Issue 4, April – 2012.
(8) Ms. Rohini R. Varade, Prof. M. R. Dhotre, Ms. Archana B. Pahurkar,” A Survey on Various Median Filtering Techniques for Removal of Impulse Noise from Digital Images”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET), ISSN: 2278 – 1323, Volume 2, Issue 2, February 2013.
(9) Rong Zhu, Yong Wang,” Application of Improved Median Filter on Image Processing”, Journal of Somputers, vol. 7, no. 4, April 2012.
(10) Rupinderpal Kaur, Ranjeet Kaur, “Remove the noise from Medical
Images Using Discrete Wavelet Transform”, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT), ISSN: 2248 – 9622, Vol-3, Issue-2, April 2013,pp. 1611-1614.
(11) C.Sasi varnan, A. Jagan, Jaspreet Kaur, Divya Jyoti, Dr.D.S.Rao, “Image Quality Assessment Techniques pn Spatial Domain”, International Journal of Computer science and Technology,(IJCST), ISSN:2229-4333,Vol. 2 - Issue 3 ,2011.
(12) Smrity Prasad, N.Ganesan,” An Image Sharpening Method by Suppressing the Noise”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887), Volume 51– No.16, August 2012.
(13) Soundarya K, “Video Denoising based on Stationary Wavelet Transform and Center Weighted Median Filter”, International Journal of Information Technology Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and Management (BVICAM), Vol. 6 No. 1; ISSN 0973 – 5658, June-2014.
(14) A.Velayudham, Dr.R.Kanthavel, “A Survey on Medical Image Denoising Techniques”, International journal of Advanced research in Electronics and Communication Engineering (IJARECE), ISSN: 2278-909X, Volume 2, Issue 3, March 2013.
(15) K.Vidyasagar, A.Bhujangarao, T.Madhu , “ Noise Curtailment and Internsification of Brain Tumor MRI Images and its Area Estimation Using Segmentation and Clustering ”, International Journal of Advanced Computing, ISSN: 2051-0845 , Volume 47, Issue 1, 2014.