Robust Multiple Watermarking Technique for Medical Applications using DWT, DCT and SVD
Keywords:multiple watermarking, medical image, DWT, DCT
The security of medical data plays an important role in preserving their integrity and confidentiality.
This paper presents a robust multiple watermarking algorithm based on a combination of discrete wavelet transform (DWT), discrete cosine transform (DCT) and singular value decomposition (SVD).
In this proposed method, we have inserted three watermark images (a patient image, a doctor image and a fingerprint of the patient) into a single cover medical image.
In the insertion phase, the original image is decomposed into the third level of DWT, and then the DCT and SVD transforms are applied on the selected sub bands (HH1, HH2, and HH3).
The first watermark goes through the same steps that the original image. Moreover, the second and the third watermarks are decomposed until the second level and the first level by DWT respectively and subsequently transformed by SVD. The singular values of the three watermarks are inserted into the singular values of the original image.
The experimental results show that the proposed method gives better performance in terms of capacity, quality and robustness against various attacks compared to other reported techniques.
(1) Perednia DA, Allen A, “Telemedicine Technology and Clinical Applications”.JAMA273(6):483-488,(1995) doi:10.1001/jama.1995.03520300057037.
(2) Zear, Aditi, Amit Kumar Singh, and Pardeep Kumar. "Multiple Watermarking for Healthcare Applications." Journal of Intelligent Systems (2016).
(3) Zear, Aditi, Amit Kumar Singh, and Pardeep Kumar. "A proposed secure multiple watermarking technique based on DWT, DCT and SVD for application in medicine." Multimedia Tools and Applications (2016): 1-20.
(4) Singh, Siddharth, Vivek Singh Rathore, and Rajiv Singh. "Hybrid NSCT domain multiple watermarking for medical images." Multimedia Tools and Applications (2016): 1-19.
(5) Muharemagic, Edin, and Borko Furht. "Survey of watermarking techniques and applications." Multimedia Watermarking Techniques and Applications 3 (2006): 91-130.
(6) Singh, Amit Kumar, Mayank Dave, and Anand Mohan. "Hybrid technique for robust and imperceptible multiple watermarking using medical images." Multimedia Tools and Applications 75.14 (2016): 8381-8401.
(7) V. Santhi, N. Rekha, S. Tharini, “A Hybrid Block Based Watermarking Algorithm using DWT-DCT-SVD Techniques for Color Images” Computing, Communication and Networking. International Conference on IEEE Xplore 18-20 Dec. 2008
(8) I.Assini, A.Badri, K.Safi “Adaptation of Different Techniques on Digital Image Watermarking in Medical Domain: A review”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering (IJARCSSE), Volume 5, Issue 12, December 2015.
(9) Takore, Tamirat Tagesse, P. Rajesh Kumar, and G. Lavanya Devi. "A modified blind image watermarking scheme based on DWT, DCT and SVD domain using GA to optimize robustness." Electrical, Electronics, and Optimization Techniques (ICEEOT),
International Conference on. IEEE, 2016.
(10) Sharma, Abhilasha, Amit Kumar Singh, and Satya Prakash Ghrera. "Robust and Secure Multiple Watermarking for Medical Images." Wireless Personal Communications (2016): 1-14.