Computed Tomography Image-guided Interaoperative and Stereotactic Calculation Method
Keywords:Computerized tomography, Physical modeling, Stereotactic method, Stereotactic landmarks, Neurosurgery Simulation
Targeting of deep brain structure pathologies in the operation room and the concept of stereotactic that is applied on the affected zone is described. The achievement of a high accuracy using specialized stereotactic apparatus which controls the surgical tool movement inside the brain is discussed. Calculation of algorithms is necessary for operational planning included. Stereotactic system through combination of hardware-software package which specify the coordinates of surgical zone is designed. Using stereotactic method landmarks during execution of intra-operation by using CT and digital image segmentation are approved and analyzed.
(1) Carroll, William M.. International Neurology. John Wiley & Sons. p. 188. ISBN 9781118777367. Archived from the original on 8 September 2017.
(2) Fingar KR, Stocks C, Weiss AJ, Steiner CA (December 2014). Most Frequent Operating Room Procedures Performed in U.S. Hospitals, 2003–2012"
(3) Sveinbjornsdottir, S . The clinical symptoms of Parkinson's disease. Journal of Neurochemistry. 139:p 318–324. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27401947
(4) Fitzgerald, M; Bellgrove M; Gill, M. Handbook of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. John Wiley & Sons. p. 270.
(5) Santosh, Paramala J; Henry, Amy; Varley, Christopher K (24 January 2008). "ADHD and hyperkinetic disorder". In Peter Tyrer; Kenneth R. Silk. Cambridge Textbook of Effective Treatments in Psychiatry. Cambridge University Press. p. 782. ISBN 978-1-139-46757-5.
(6) Zernov D. L’encephalometre. Rev Gen Clin Ther 1890; 19:302.
(7) Carlson, Neil R."Physiology of Behavior".Pearson Education, Inc., 2013. p.134..
(8) Paddick, I. A simple dose gradient measurement tool to complement the conformity index. Journal of Neurosurgery. P 105: 194–201. PMID 18503356. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18503356
(9) De Salles, A. Radiosurgery from the brain to the spine: 20 years’ experience. Acta Neurochirurgica Supplements. 101: p 163–168. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18642653
(10) Kavanagh, B. D.. Extracranial radiosurgery (stereotactic body radiation therapy) for oligometastases. Seminars in radiation oncology. 200616 (2): p 77–84. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16564443
(11) Verellen, D. Innovations in image-guided radiotherapy". Nature Reviews. Cancer. 7 (12):p 949–960.
(12) Shershever A. et al. Calculation of target destruction using MRI, during stereotactic-endoscopic microsurgical techniques. Journal of neurosurgery issues. Institute of Neurosurgery named after academician N.N.Burdenko — 2001. — №3. — p:24–25.
(13) Grunert P., Darabi K., Espinosa J., Filippi R, Computer-aided navigation in neurosurgery, Neurosurgery. Rev. — 2003. — V.26, N2. — Р.73–99. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12962294
(14) Han J.K., Hwang P.H., Smith T.L. Contemporary use of image-guided systems, Curr. Opin. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg, 2003. — V.11, N1. — P.33–36. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14515099
(15) Iacopino D.G, Conti A, Angileri F.F, Tomasello F, Different methods for anatomical targeting, Journal of Neurosurgery Science. 2003..47, Р.18–25. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12900728
(16) Athos, J. and Storm, DR. High Precision Stereotaxic Surgery in Mice. Current Protocols in Neuroscience. 2001. A.4A.1–A.4A.9. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18428449
(17) Nakao N., Nakai K., Itakura T. Updating of Neuro-navigation based on images intra-оperatively acquired with a mobile computerized tomographic scanner. Technical note, Minim. Invas. Neurosurg. 2003 V.46, N2 Р.117–120.