MRI Segmentation based on Multiobjective Fuzzy Clustering
AbstractBrain image segmentation has a major role in medical image analysis for better interpretation of complex medical diagnosis such as tumor detection. The challenge of brain tumor detection is to detect accurately the tumor portion inside the brain image. In this work, we propose a multiobjective clustering framework to separate tumor regions from a brain image based on the neighbor nearest strategy. Applied to magnetic resonance image brain, our method provides an accurate identification of brain tumor.
(1) Shen Shan, Sandham William, Granat Malcolm and Sterr Annette. Mri fuzzy segmentation of brain tissue using neighborhood attraction with neural-network optimization. IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, 9(3):459–467, 2005.
(2) P.Tamije Selvy, V. Palanisamy, and T. Purusothaman. Performance analysis of clustering algorithms in brain tumor detection of mr images. European Journal of Scientific Research, 62(3):321–330, 2011.
(3) Suchita Yadav and Meshram Sachin. Brain tumor detection using clustering method. International Journal of Computational Engineering Research, 3(4):11–14, 2013.
(4) Miin-Shen Yang, Yu-Jen Hu, Karen Chia-Ren and Charles Chia-Lee Lin. Segmentation techniques for tissue differentiation in mri of ophthalmology using fuzzy clustering algorithms. Magentic resonance Imaging, 20:173–179, 2002.
(5) Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay, Anirban Mukhopadyay, and Ujjwal. Maulik. Combining multiobjective fuzzy clustering and probabilistic ANN classifier for unsupervised pattern classification: Application to satellite image segmentation. IEEE on Evolutionary Computation, pages 877–883,
(6) Weibei Dou, Su Ruan, Daniel Bloyet, and Jean-Marc Constans. A framework of fuzzy information fusion for the segmentation of brain tumor tissues on mr images. Image and Vision Computing, 25(2):164–171, 2007.
(7) Chunlin Li, DB Goldgof, and LO Hall. Knowledge-based classification and tissue labeling of mr images of human brain. IEEE transactions on Medical Imaging, 12(4):740–750, 2002.
(8) L. Dzung Pham and Jerry L. Prince. Knowledge-based classification and tissue labeling of mr images of human brain. IEEE transactions on Medical Imaging, 18(9):737–752, 1999.
(9) Eman A. Abdel Maksoud, Mohammed Elmogy, and Rashid Mokhtar Al-Awadi. MRI brain tumor segmentation system based on hybrid clustering techniques. In the Second International Conference of Advanced Machine Learning Technologies and Applications -, AMLTA, pages 401–412, 2014.
(10) Jayram K. Udupa and K. Saha Punam. Fuzzy connectedness and image segmentation. Proceedings of the IEEE, 91:1649–1669, 2003.
(11) N. Menon, R. Ramakrishnan. Brain tumor segmentation in mri image using unsupervised artificial bee colony and fcm clustering. International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research, 2:2450–2454, 2013.
(12) Mutasem K. Alsmadi. Mri brain segmentation using a hybrid artificial bee colony algorithm with fuzzy-c mean algorithm. Journal of Applied Sciences, 15:100–109, 2015.
(13) D.M. Joshi, N. K. Rana, and V.M. Misra. Classification of brain cancer using artificial neural network. International Conference on Electronic Computer Technology (ICECT), pages 112–116, 2010.
(14) Sudipta Acharya, Yamini Thadisina, and Sriparna Saha. Multi-objective clustering of tissue samples for cancer diagnosis. International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics, pages 1059–1064, 2014.
(15) Anirban Mukhopadhyay, Ujjwal Maulik, and Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay. Multiobjective genetic clustering with ensemble among pareto front solutions: Application to mri brain image segmentation. In Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Advances in Pattern Recognition, ICAPR ’09, pages 236–239, 2009.
(16) Saha Sriparna and Bandyopadhyay Sanghamitra. Mri brain image segmentation by fuzzy symmetry based genetic clustering technique. In Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, CEC’2007, pages 4417–4424, 2007.
(17) Saha Sriparna and Bandyopadhyay Sanghamitra. Mr brain image segmentation using a multiseed based automatic clustering technique. Fundamenta Informaticae, 97(1):199–214, 2009.
(18) limam Olfa. Brain tumor segmentation using multiobjective fuzzy clustering. Transactions on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, 4(1):58–67, 2016.
(19) Bong Chin-Wei and Mandava Rajeswari. Multiobjective optimization approaches in image segmentation - the directions and challenges. International Journal of Advances in Soft Computing and Its Applications, 2(2):41–64, 2010.
(20) Anil Kumar Jain, M Narasimha Murty, and Patrick Joseph Flynn. Data clustering: A review. ACM Computing Surveys, 31(3):265–323, 1999.
(21) Abhay Kumar Alok, Asif Ekbal, and Sriparna Saha. Brain image segmentation using semisupervised clustering. Expert Systems with Applications, 52:50–63, 2016.
(22) Brainweb: Simulated brain database, 2011, available at http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/brainweb.