ECONOMICS ANALYSIS OF MAIZE MARKETING IN SURULERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT, AREA IN OYO STATE
Keywords:Keywords, Economic analysis, Marketing, Cost, Model, Maize
The main objective of this research work was to analyze the economic analysis of maize marketing in Surulere Local Government Area of Oyo-State. The data were collected with the aid of a well structured questionnaire and were later analyzed. About half of the maize marketers (49.9%) had their age between 31-40 years in the study area, most of the maize marketers (80%) are female, while more than half of the maize marketers (60.8%) are married, and 63.3% of the respondents had no schooling experience. Again, high proportion of the marketers had experience less than 10years. For the maize marketers selling price, the significant variables include, age, educational level, major occupation, cost of shop, sellers association and they all have positive relationship with selling price. Barrier to entry and cost of loading. The age, educational level, major occupation, cost of shop and cost of loading are significant at 1% level of significance, while sellers association and barrier to entry are significant at 5% level. An adjusted R2 value of 0.549 which implies that the regression equation accounted for 54.9% of the independent variable like age, educational level, major occupation, cost of shop and cost of loading while the remaining 45.1 percent is an accounted for which might be due to error embedded in the data itself. From the result of the study, the value of Fcal>Ftab. It is therefore concluded that there is a significant relationship between the socio-economic characteristics of the maize marketers and selling price and there is a significant relationship between cost and selling price.
Keywords: Economic analysis, Marketing, Cost, Model, Maize
Abbot and Makechan (1979): Agricultural and Food Marketing in Developing countries, CAB International Wallin, Oxon.
Adegeye, A. J. and Ditoh J. S. (1985): Essential of Agricultural Economics, Second Print Impact Publisher, Nigeria Ltd 168-175.
Adekanye (1988): Reading in Agricultural Marketing Longman Nigeria Limited, Ibadan.
Alabi O.O. (2008): Comparative analysis of industrial demutant supply for maize and sorghum in nature and Kano State.
Benjamin Ahned (2005): Investigation on Building a Food Marketing poling Evidence Base in Nigeria. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and Laraba Rikko University of Jos, Pp 59-61.
Iken, J. E. and N. A. Amusa (2004): “Maize research and production in Nigeria African Journal of Agricultural Economics, 39:219-245.
Ladipo, O. O. (2006): Agricultural marketers Nigeria Pp 1-2, Eva-top communications ventures. Ibadan
Oyewo, I. O. Rauf, M. O., Ogunwole, F., and S. O. Balogun (2009): Determinant of maize production among maize farmers in Ogbomoso South Local Government in Oyo State. Agricultural Journal Vol. 4(3) Pp 144-149.
Peter Pousi (1986): Agricultural marketing and economics development of Developing countries: ILO 19.
Salaudeen Fatima (2007): An assessment of maize marketing Markets in Ibadan, Oyo State Nigeria.
William J. Staton (1998): A concise Analysis in Marketing and Application. American Journal of Agricultural Economics 59 (1977): 478-488.
How to Cite
Authors wishing to include figures, tables, or text passages that have already been published elsewhere are required to obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) for both the print and online format and to include evidence that such permission has been granted when submitting their papers. Any material received without such evidence will be assumed to originate from the authors.