About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal (ISSN : 2055-0286) aims to provide a platform for researches and professionals to publish and get credit of their innovative research work.
It appreciates the theoretical and empirical research in all the fields of knowledge related to social sciences particularly,
- Accounting and Finance
- Behavioral Sciences
- Business Management
- Contemporary business, issues
- Contemporary marketing & Finance issues
- Cultural studies
- Developmental economics
- Entrepreneurship and small business management
- Human Resource Management
- Management Sciences
- Operation and Production Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Portfolio management
- Research Methods in Business
- Social ethics in various societies
Peer Review Process
All journals from the Services for Science and Education, United Kingdom (SSE-UK) operate single blinded peer review system with rapid and thorough process through electronic submissions and communications. In this process the authors names and affiliations will be revealed to the reviewers, while authors are kept blinded from reviewer details.
Initial decisions are held by Editors-in-Chief and submitted manuscripts will undergo unbiased preliminary assessment for the suitability to the scope of the journals. As an extension to the process, the assessed manuscripts are forwarded to at-least two expert reviewers in the field. This is intended to advance the correctness, clarity, and wholeness of manuscripts and help editors to decide whether the manuscript has to be published or not. Reports from at least two reviewers will be taken in to consideration for the decision to accept or reject a manuscript. Editors can give the updated guidance to the reviewers when required. Reviewers are given 3 weeks to send their fair and constructive reviews to Editor, and Editors-in-Chief are aimed to take the final decision within 4 weeks from the manuscript submission.
In case of a negative decision from the editor, authors can challenge the decision with reasonable arguments. At the concerned editor’s discretion, manuscripts will be forwarded to additional reviewers and final decisions will be made in support with their implications.
Please note that we do not retain copies of rejected articles.
The peer review process aims to ensure that all published articles:
- Present the results of primary scientific research
- Report results that have not been published elsewhere
- Are scientifically sound
- Provide new scientific knowledge where experiments, statistics and other analyses are performed to a high technical standard and are described in sufficient detail so that another researcher will be able to reproduce the experiments described
- Provide conclusions that are presented in an appropriate manner and are supported by the data
- Are presented in an intelligible and logic manner and are written in clear and unambiguous English
- Meet all applicable research standards with regard to the ethics of experimentation and research integrity
- Adhere to appropriate reporting guidelines and community standards for data availability.
The SSE-UK is a member of the CrossCheck plagiarism detection initiative. In the event of suspected plagiarism in submitted works CrossCheck is available to the editors of the Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal to detect instances of overlapping and similar text. SSE-UK endorses and applies the standards of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), which promotes integrity in peer-reviewed research publications.
This is a monthly journal; publishes 12 issues per year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Open access publishing refers to unrestricted reuse and redistribution. It facilitates easy access for research distribution and its global transmission to any internet user for free.
Open access publishing is a reverse process to the traditional print publishing method where the publishers holds the copyrights to the articles published in their journals. A reader has to pay to access the articles and obtain permission to use them. Overcoming these accessing barriers open access publishing is a new generation digital publishing where the author is charged the cost of publication process for an article and made available on-line for free to everyone.
Other than their cost-recovery model, Open Access journals are no different from traditional subscription-based journals; they undergo the same peer-review and quality control as any other scholarly journal. Moreover, Open Access allows for maximum visibility, uptake and use of the published material.
More information on Open Access Policy can be seen here.