A New Edge Detection Method for CT-Scan Lung Images
Keywords:Lung image, adaptive mask, finite difference method, gradient.
Lung cancer is one of the most serious health problems in the world. Lung Computer-Aided Diagnosis (CAD) is a potential method to accomplish a range of quantitative tasks such as early cancer and disease detection, analysis of disease progression. Edge detection in Lung image is a fundamental step in CAD system and many algorithms have suggested for edge detection in image, In this paper a new operator has developed for edge detection based on finite difference method. Experimentation showed that the proposed operator gave good results in detection the edges in Lung images.
(1) Gonzalez R. and Woods R., “Digital image processing,” 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall, New York, 2008, pp. 695.
(2) Edge Detection and Segmentation of Multiple Contours from CT Scan Images Amba D. Bhatt , Ujjaval Gupta , Vishal Wagholikar , Uday V. Pise Computer-Aided Design and Applications Vol. 9, Iss. 4, 2012
(3) COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF VARIOUS IMAGE EDGE DETECTION TECHNIQUES FOR TWO DIMENSIONAL CT SCAN NECK DISC IMAGE, J Preetha, S Selvarajan and P Suresh, International Journal of Computer Science & Communication, Vol. 3, No. 1, January-June 2012, pp. 57-61.
(4) EDGE DETECTION FROM CT IMAGES OF LUNG , S. K. BANDYOPADHYAY, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING SCIENCE & ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY, Volume - 2, Issue - 1, 34 – 37.
(5) A Novel Approach of Cancerous Cells Detection from Lungs CT Scan Images , N. Pandey ,S. Nandy International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering , Volume 2, Issue 8, August 2012.
(6) T. El-Arwadi and A. El-Zaart, A Novel 5x5 Edge Detection Operator For Blood Vessel Images, accepted at the British Journal of Applied Science & Technology, accepted August 2015.
(7) Wafaa Kamel Al-Jibory and Ali El-Zaart “A New Edge Detector in CT Scan Images Using Gradient of Weibull Distribution”, World of Computer Science and Information Technology Journal (WCSIT), Vol. 4, No. 1, 13-17, 2014.
(8) Canny J. “A Computational Approach to Edge Detection Edge Detection”. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and machine intelligence, Vol. PAMI-8, NO. 6, November 1986.